Status
Not open for further replies.

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Alright so I need some help.
I'm choosing to buy a Security suite and narrowed it down to these two.

I tried Kaspersky but it was way to heavy for my computer so I tried these two and I used Norton in past and I'm a long time Avast Free user but I can't decide between the two.

So if anyone could help me make a decision that would be awesome.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Avast Pro Antivirus also has the Sandbox, if that's something you will be using.
http://www.avast.com/en-gb/pro-antivirus

Otherwise go for Norton Internet Security. Hope this helps.

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Earth said:
Avast Pro Antivirus also has the Sandbox, if that's something you will be using.
http://www.avast.com/en-gb/pro-antivirus

Otherwise go for Norton Internet Security. Hope this helps.

Hm... Cost wise I might end up with AIS and I never actually use the sandbox but I might.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
So you going to pay for AIS, but use it as it is Avast Free. Clever thinking right there.

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Earth said:
So you going to pay for AIS, but use it as it is Avast Free. Clever thinking right there.

AIS has a firewall that advances the Windows 7 Firewall, Safezone which I will use in some cases, and I said I might start using the sandbox.
That being said, No I'm not going to use it as Avast Free. I'll also put its Anti-Spam to work as there's things that require me to use outlook.

EDIT
Come to think about it, I'm going to wait for the final release of Norton IS 2013 and see how it performs and i might have my new XPS desktop by then.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
For features concern Avast IS 7 hands down at all.

But when it comes for usability and others likely NIS will be in favor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.