Advice Request Avast IS Free comparision and G2a codes

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Aktiffiso

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2013
Hi, i want to know 2 things.
First one i like to know if have too much diference between Avast free and intenret security. I see the "confidential data shield" what exactly does?
I remember free version have rasomware shield but no confidential data shield.
Second one : How secure is buy codes in G2A i see some cheap and i see "reputable and trusted vendros" what your experiencies?

Reactions: Divine_Barakah

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Hi, i want to know 2 things.
First one i like to know if have too much diference between Avast free and intenret security. I see the "confidential data shield" what exactly does?
I remember free version have rasomware shield but no confidential data shield.
Second one : How secure is buy codes in G2A i see some cheap and i see "reputable and trusted vendros" what your experiencies?

Well I cannot comment on Avast as I don't use it. Regarding G2A, well, I have purchased many games and security products from it. First, you should enable G2A shield in case something bad happens. (i.e. invalid code, used code, or even old code for old product). Even if the seller is rated high you should enable the G2A shield. I have purchased Trend Micro and Mcafee codes and they worked just fine. Don't you ever buy Kaspersky codes from G2A. Kaspersky is very strict when it comes to their licensing system and won't give you any support if your key gets blocked for some reason and you tell them you purchased from G2A. I have also purchased Eset codes and worked just fine. I only had an issue one when I purchased F-Secure Internet Security code which got bloced after two months and I have contacted F-Secure support and thet told me that the issuer of the code has disabled it and I need to contact them for further assistance. I think buying Avast from G2A is just fine but make sure to enable G2A shield. Maybe other members can share their experience.

Reactions: SeriousHoax

Aktiffiso

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2013
Thanks for share your experience.
Maybe i was too paranoid but. If you use that codes ¿The product work well? ¿The only risk is it can be desactivated? some people tell me if you use codes from here you dont recive the real product updates

Reactions: Divine_Barakah

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Thanks for share your experience.
Maybe i was too paranoid but. If you use that codes ¿The product work well? ¿The only risk is it can be desactivated? some people tell me if you use codes from here you dont recive the real product updates
I don't think so! The worst scenario is the key gets blocked and that's it.

You know if you're interested, I have received a promotion delieved to my email: AVG Internet Security 1 PC for $15. If you are interested I will be glad to look for that email and send it to you.

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
G2A is a bit too off for my taste. Anywhere you have to buy insurance that the key won’t be deactivated seems a bit suspect to me. I know there’s legit business on there, but I’m pretty sure the opposite also lurks.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.