Avast makes my pc laggy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.NoName

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Feb 5, 2016
The avast internet security i use only this payed version is makes my home pc and laptop lag i have on the both machines intel core i7 with 8 threads and minimum 8 Gb ram this is on my laptop on my home pc 64 gb ram and when i install the avast IS i get some slowdown like every time i start the pc and at all while playing or surfing on the net ... can some explain me why is this happening on my firends pc too and i watch the new video about the new fast update or something like that when my pc is going to be much better we talk about the software

and i use SSD to know

Attachments

• avast.PNG
    avast.PNG
    10.8 KB · Views: 529
Last edited by a moderator:

Pat MacKnife

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 14, 2015
Have you installed other options from avast ? in fact only file shield, webshield and mailshield should be installed.
i disable all the rest like their cleanup, browser extension, softwareupdater ....
Are it could be an issue with the firewall ?
Perhaps more help on Avast WEBforum - Index

Ps : i use the free version.

Last edited:

Mr.NoName

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Feb 5, 2016
Have you installed other options from avast ? in fact only file shield, webshield and mailshield should be installed.
i disable all the rest like their cleanup, browser extension, softwareupdater ....
Are it could be an issue with the firewall ?
Perhaps more help on Avast WEBforum - Index

Ps : i use the free version.
i install everything and restart about form the first time i install it about 14 times

Mr.NoName

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Feb 5, 2016
I have same issue and my computer has similar hardware with yours . I dont know why but time to time my pc goes slow down and also sometimes mozilla starts to work so slow and stops
i write them butt nothing .... some token for support and this is not the only pc every person that i know have the same problem and they buy it for their office and about one week they say to me that is more good without this software and remove it so if i don't get some fix or something i will remove it too !!!

I dont have any issues and Avast seems to be working ok?
do you use the final version and from how long you use it

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Maybe Avast is just not compatible with your PC configurations? Have you considered using other AVs to test if those will also slow your PC down by a considerable amount? If they do then it might not be a problem with the AVs but rather it might be an issue with your PC

Dave Russo

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Forgive me if this advice is already checked by you,Are you sure windows defender and firewall are off? {Not over lapping} Do you have secondary scanners on full protection? I have had good success adding process lasso to help with disk spikes{I believe it has a free version}You can also try,go to control panel click on system and security ,then click Systen,then on the left click ,Advance system settings, A screen called system properties will come up ,click performance ,then adjust for best performance.Good luck

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well it is hard to determine since that issue goes only to your system (locally only) so better report and create a ticket (as mentioned) through Support Page.

Avast is known to be stable on majority of system no matter how many features contained, due to optimization.

Logethica

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
I run Avast Free Antivirus -
Current Version: 12.1.2272 (Build; 12.1.3076.0)
on...
ASUS X58L-
Windows 10 Pro-
Processor : Genuine Intel(R) CPU 575 @ 2.00GHz 2.00GHz
Installed Memory (RAM): 2.00GB
System Type: 64-bit OS, X64 -Based Processor..

I experience no lag and am running Avast alongside:
ZoneAlarm Free Firewall/Voodooshield Pro/Crystal Security/SpyShelter Free Anti-Keylogger/MAE Free/
Glasswire Free/Sandboxie.

This is just a guess and may be both irrelevant and/or incorrect...:confused:
Is the fact that Avast "Trickle Streams" its Updates a Factor Here?
Many other AVs pipe staggered updates at semi-regular intervals whereas Avast definition updates are trickled almost constantly..
I assume that AVs that use staggered updates can trump "unneeded" "Non OS processes" in order to make sure that the updates are installed ASAP.....and I am hypothesising that AVs that use "trickle streaming" could find themselves in competition with unneeded "OS processes" resulting in lag.
Perhaps the disabling of some unneeded OS processes (such as Start Screen Live Tiles) may reduce your lag.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Tried to disable "Transient caching" + disable animation to see if there is any improvement
to disable transient caching: Settings -> active protection -> file system shield -> customize -> advanced (maybe) -> uncheck transient caching
Somebody said this may help: Control Panel>Uninstall a Program>double click "avast">click "repair"
also perform a smart scan

Mr.NoName

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Feb 5, 2016
In the end, you might have to switch to something that doesn't cause problems. Support rarely fixes these type of issues.
no they don't know why it is lagging

Maybe Avast is just not compatible with your PC configurations? Have you considered using other AVs to test if those will also slow your PC down by a considerable amount? If they do then it might not be a problem with the AVs but rather it might be an issue with your PC
i try with almost all Software vendors and i have the problem only with avast and as i say here is not the only problem situation all of my friends have this problem or to high cpu usage or ram ... ,,..

Forgive me if this advice is already checked by you,Are you sure windows defender and firewall are off? {Not over lapping} Do you have secondary scanners on full protection? I have had good success adding process lasso to help with disk spikes{I believe it has a free version}You can also try,go to control panel click on system and security ,then click Systen,then on the left click ,Advance system settings, A screen called system properties will come up ,click performance ,then adjust for best performance.Good luck
fresh install of windows 7 and 8.1 Firewall OFF Windows Defender OFF it's not from there :p NP

all is complitable with avast
Its worth checking HDD/SSD drivers is compatible with Avast, sometimes a bad driver can conflict with AV's low level drivers.
the Cpu HDD and now even the SSD and the same

n
Tried to disable "Transient caching" + disable animation to see if there is any improvement
to disable transient caching: Settings -> active protection -> file system shield -> customize -> advanced (maybe) -> uncheck transient caching
Somebody said this may help: Control Panel>Uninstall a Program>double click "avast">click "repair"
also perform a smart scan
not really the same i will make screen shot

Reactions: Logethica
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.