Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Hmm are you sure there isn't any viruses or malware running on your computer. I have sworn by Avast for many years without any problems.. :)

Forgot to ask have you installed any new software recently? Maybe a conflict is the reason. :)

Last edited:
R

Rod McCarthy

I have a suggestion, but first let me try and substantiate my theory.

in the 2015 I bought Kaspersky IS 2015 and it ran really fast on my PC...Then in the first part of 2016 I bought Kaspersky IS 2016. It made my PC run very slow, same with web pages. I waited a few months and this month I tried Kaspersky IS 2016 again and it works great. Now I di all three of these installs off the same image BU of my PC so it wasn't anything I did.

SO if I were you I would try an early version of Avast, you can download them just google for an earlier version or maybe Avast even keeps earlier versions on their website.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
One possible move is to conduct clean install of your O.S then right after, install Avast to monitor the behavior. ;)

Usually it conflicts on 3rd party programs to run the system correctly.

Mr.NoName

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Feb 5, 2016
Hmm are you sure there isn't any viruses or malware running on your computer. I have sworn by Avast for many years without any problems.. :)

Forgot to ask have you installed any new software recently? Maybe a conflict is the reason. :)
i just re install with original DVd with Windows 7 and 8.1

Reactions: Logethica

Mr.NoName

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Feb 5, 2016
One possible move is to conduct clean install of your O.S then right after, install Avast to monitor the behavior. ;)

Usually it conflicts on 3rd party programs to run the system correctly.
this one is done with fresh install of windows with original DVD with windows

Mr.NoName

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Feb 5, 2016
@Mr.NoName: Well if you insist to use Avast, then make a custom installation since it can reduce any possible slowdowns once take over on the system.
just remove it permenet and it's not used any more on my system i do everything that support and MT members tell me and nothing so i decide to take it off my system and all of my pc !!!

Phant0m3xtreme

Level 1
Jul 12, 2016
yea my hardware is not good and about 84 people more that i know :D yea and my pc for 2k cant take this av my pc is the problem so why when i install another anyone in the market i don\t get this problem

It's just like video games. One guy will have a top-tier NVIDIA card that runs lovely on a game, and then you'll have a guy with a top-tier AMD card that runs average on that game. Both are good cards, but one's just more optimized for that particular game. Same logic applies to AV's.

Mr.NoName

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Feb 5, 2016
It's just like video games. One guy will have a top-tier NVIDIA card that runs lovely on a game, and then you'll have a guy with a top-tier AMD card that runs average on that game. Both are good cards, but one's just more optimized for that particular game. Same logic applies to AV's.
my MB is intel my cpu intell too my ssd kingston and video card nvidia

Mr.NoName

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Feb 5, 2016
this is my laptop
Summary
Operating System
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i7 @ 2.20GHz 46 °C
Haswell 22nm Technology
RAM
8.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (11-11-11-28)
Motherboard
LENOVO 20C60078BM (CPU Socket - U3E1) 49 °C
Graphics
Generic PnP Monitor (1920x1080@60Hz)
Intel HD Graphics 4600 (Lenovo)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M (Lenovo) 44 °C
ForceWare version: 353.82
SLI Disabled
Storage
931GB Western Digital WDC WD10JPVX-08JC3T5 (SATA) 41 °C
Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GU70N
Audio
High Definition Audio Device
Operating System
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
Computer type: Notebook
Installation Date: 5/17/2016 1:01:54 PM

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
No performance hits on Windows 10, with Avast Premier. Again not tested on Windows 7 or 8.1. You might be able to solve it using the Avast Forum.

If you have an Avast Account (ie. linked to your Avast software), you can use the same login to access their Forums. Login at id.avast.com or forum.avast.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.