Battle Avast Premier or Bitdefender Total Security?

Serj

Thread author
Feb 18, 2018
Hello, I'm interested in acquiring a family license for the various PC's which I use and I wonder if there is somewhat of a consensus regarding the better option (between Avast Premier and Bitdefender Total Security)

I'm a rather paranoid user as lately I've gotten interested in the whole crypto-craze, so ideally I'd very much like the maximum protection I could get.

Checking on AV comparatives revealed some similar results, so I wonder if there are any exclusive features maybe that differentiate the two?

If you guys have some alternatives which you would consider to be better than the ones I've mentioned, please do state that =)

Many thanks, and have a good day!

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
Avast may have better detections (Filerep malware)..due to its larger database after AVG acquistion..meanwhile..... Bit Defender may simply catch it just by their Cloud ..ATC simply catches almost EVERY ##### right there with ...Already WANNACRY is only caught by ATC and Escan ( APA)...
Avast IS is more than enough...no need of premier at all..same reflects to Bitdefender TS as well..
Vote goes to Bitdefender IS..keeps u Safe just with their Advanced Threat Control

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.