AVAST Software: Twenty years in pursuit of malware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dieselman

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 26, 2011
PRAGUE, Czech Republic, April 21, 2011 – AVAST Software, developer of the world’s most popular antivirus program, is celebrating its 20th anniversary.

http://www.avast.com/pr-avast-software-twenty-years-in-pursuit-of-malware

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
20 years already?
Happy anniversary avast!

Dieselman, I believe you just posted a thread that is in a style of which you are opposed to. :p
Can you edit in an opinion to the bottom of the post or something so that it is a bit more original?
This sort of thing allows you to be reminded of how these large corporations are actually made up of humans.
We may all be in the industry one day.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well congratulation for them, next they must reach in silver anniversary (25 years) then gold (50 years)

Dieselman

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 26, 2011
Wrong elliot....................Did I say dont posts news? NO. I said stop posting 5 news articles a day. Do I flood the forum with news? NO. I posted 2 articles from Avast in a weeks time period. Huge difference.

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
RE: AVAST SoftwaTwenty years in pursuit of malware

Dieselman said:
Wrong elliot....................Did I say dont posts news? NO. I said stop posting 5 news articles a day. Do I flood the forum with news? NO. I posted 2 articles from Avast in a weeks time period. Huge difference.
I misunderstood, though I would still ask that you provide some kind of opinion about the article in your OP, otherwise it may look like you are just posting articles for the heck of it, which I know you are not.

Dieselman

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 26, 2011
The article is important cause when you consider that Avast is no where as mature as Symantec or McAfee they still have made a top antivirus program in less time. I actually take time to read an entire article before I copy and paste it in here.

Symantec was found around 1980. 11 years before Avast. McAfee was founded in 1989. LOL. When I graduated high school. How many members actually new when Avast was founded before they read this?

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
Actually avast re-invented the product in the last few years. The old avast antivirus had a skinnable interface resembling an audio player and poor heuristics engine. The "jump" avast recently made is quite impressive.

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
I have to say the previous "Audio player" interface actually stopped me from trying avast :).

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

Tomo172 said:
I have to say the previous "Audio player" interface actaully stopped me from trying avast :).
I was happy with this one. :p
Avast+Skin+Option.jpg

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Yes indeed avast 4 are having a default like media player but from avast 5 and 6 they made it modern and better UI.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011

Tomo172 said:
I have to say the previous "Audio player" interface actaully stopped me from trying avast :).

Yes, I agree. I thought that interface made it tough to take the application seriously.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Then they make a themes to make the interface of avast 4 better but now its not needed the UI make it easier understand by user and explore it.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
:eek:fftopic:
The "audio player" UI was a skin, that if wasn't installed you would have an interface on enterprise versions of McAfee (ie. like MBAM or SAS 4).

Dieselman

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 26, 2011
The grey audio player was the default skin. During installation you could select a plain GUI version.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Yes, if you didn't install the "Skins" (AFAIRemember)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.