Avast vs F Secure vs Bitdefender Vs G-Data

Xsjx

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2017
I just want to do my 6 month switch wich one should i buy?

And is Avast internet security as good as Premier?

Last edited:

Quassar

Level 12
Verified
Well-known
Feb 10, 2012
Avira or Emsisoft
or just f** them all and just install Solid HIPS/Anti-exe with sandbox/virtualization

SpyShelter - HIPS
ReHIPS - HIPS with Sandbox
ShadowDefender - Virtualization main system
NVT ERP - Anti-Exe
Vmware Wokrstation - System virtualization

My fav config is
SpyShelterFW/Sandboxie with ShadowDefender.
Scanners: MBAM with ZAM + Avira boot pendrive.

Price/Secure is ReHIPS option base on other payments software

Last edited:
Reactions: Xsjx

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Either Avast or Bitdefender I suppose. Windows Defender on Win10 can be good enough with proper security habits. Whatever you choose as long as you are happy with it, should be fine. Maybe try Avast Internet Security because of the Ransomeware Shield, but Free version is nice too.

Reactions: Captain Awesome

Xsjx

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2017
Either Avast or Bitdefender I suppose. Windows Defender on Win10 can be good enough with proper security habits. Whatever you choose as long as you are happy with it, should be fine. Maybe try Avast Internet Security because of the Ransomeware Shield, but Free version is nice too.

Is avg now the same as Avast? Otherwise ill just get Bitdefender i think :)

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
AVG lacks hardened mode which makes it worse than BD and Gdata because the behavioral blocker in AVG/Avast is not as good as BD and gdata, but better than fsecure

with hardened mode, even on avast free, I can tweak it to be more powerful than all these products (disabling WSH is a must)

avast free on default settings is equal or better than Fsecure (paid) according to MT hub + avcomparatives, av-tests if you like their tests

HM or whitelisting makes avast unique and better compared to the others

Reactions: brod56 and Xsjx

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
When I last subscribed to Kaspersky I was testing all top vendors on my computer to see how they behaved. I was going to buy a Bitdefender license but Bitdefender crashed my machine and I had to go to safe mode to recover. So my advice is do not listen to internet advice. Test the software in your machine before you even consider buying it :)

In terms of protection all major vendors will be quite similar actually. Some offer modules that may make third party software unnecessary but test them all before deciding.

Xsjx

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2017
Ill take Avast because of the sandbox, For now trial but the bb doenst work does anyone know how to fix it?

Its still hard to leave Avira but it just makes my pc so slow since 2 weeks...

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I just want to do my 6 month switch wich one should i buy?

And is Avast internet security as good as Premier?
Do your research and compare features on the vendor's website.

Come September, Microsoft will bring Controlled Folders for Windows 10 users. Currently Avast Free Antivirus on Windows 10 is good, ignoring the Avast Up-sell notifications.

Don't rely on Avast Manual Sandbox. Use a VM or Sandboxie for trying software.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.