Avast w/ Comodo Firewall Talk

Would you use Avast w/ Comodo Firewall to secure your system?

• Yes

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • No

Votes: 7 53.8%

• Total voters

AyeAyeCaptain

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 24, 2011
If I was to suggest another AV to combine with the power of Firewall + HIPS it would have to be Avast (these two are now stable right?) as I think that they are the best free AV at the moment in my opinion.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
RE: MSE w/ Comodo firewall VS COMODO IS 5.8

AyeAyeCaptain said:
My position still stands on what I still think is right, but if I was to suggest another AV to combine with the power of Firewall + HIPS it would have to be Avast (these two are now stable right?) as I think that they are the best free AV at the moment in my opinion.

That's how it should be otherwise I made a video below how to solve it.

Last edited by a moderator:

AyeAyeCaptain

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 24, 2011
RE: MSE w/ Comodo firewall VS COMODO IS 5.8

Thanks for the video Valentin ("by the way love your accent, played with many swedes online, gaming I mean!! lol) but also on another note. Forgot to meantion it before, but even though I think that Avast at the moment offers good AV, I don't think their Sandbox is as good as Comodo, even more so in v6 (can't wait for that!).

*drools..*

DiabloBlack

Nov 5, 2011
Currently using Avast + Comodo Firewall in a VM and I like it. I have also installed this same combo on a friends laptop recently that was infected (slightly) and had expired antivirus. They are pleased with the operation of their system. Hopefully they'll keep it up to date and malware free.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
A solid combination just need to tweak in order no conflicts as both evolved with new features on each other.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
DiabloBlack said:
Currently using Avast + Comodo Firewall in a VM and I like it. I have also installed this same combo on a friends laptop recently that was infected (slightly) and had expired antivirus. They are pleased with the operation of their system. Hopefully they'll keep it up to date and malware free.

You can tell them to disable the autoplay (when you plug in a usb go down and from there you will be able to disable it; some malware take advantage of this function), you can also advice them to save their files and look at the files ending. If the ending is pdf.exe, word.exe, avi.exe then it's a malware (Bogdan, you have my thanks for this knowledge).

I hope you find this useful

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
No problem with this combo as the two software are compatible with each other. I still prefer Comodo Internet Security though.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.