Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
New version of AVG products available for beta testing!

Dear Beta testers,
We’re excited to present you updated versions of core AVG products – AVG Internet Security 2012, including Business products and management tools.
Test versions of the following products are now available for beta testing:
AVG Internet Security 2012 Beta
AVG Internet Security Business Edition 2012 Beta
AVG for E-mail Servers 2012 Beta
Remote Administration 2012 Beta

Further details about what’s new and what has changed is available inside AVG Beta Portal, accessible at:
http://beta.avg.com/
Note: To access Beta portal you will need to use your login ID, which is your registered e-mail address. Password recovery option is available at the login page if needed.

We’re looking forward to your participation in this testing project and your feedback is greatly welcome.
Thank you.
Jiri Tuma

AVG Beta Team

beta.manager@avg.com

http://beta.avg.com/

[attachment=459]

Attachments

• AVG2012Download.png
    AVG2012Download.png
    11.8 KB · Views: 623
G

Guest28

please please please avg make it right this year! Lower the usage of the program and get rid of the bloat and un-needed things in the free version don't become avira....

TKFlight

May 19, 2011
Didn't AVG have like 5 different processes? They made some improvements to their AV in the last release. Lets see if the 2012 product line up is better.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
I am un-able to perform a test of this because the download from AVG is bugged, I select download, it starts to download but it would be very slow in speed. The file cuts out at random parts such as getting setups in 10.3MB file sizes, 12 and 13MB when running it says Extraction Failed File is corrupt which is because the file size is meant to be 166 MB when fully downloaded.

Its not my internet every other website loads perfectly normal, Tested downloading from CNET, FileHippo all is good.

Hopefully this is only temporary or else I may never be able to test this unless I can download from elsewhere.

Edit: I even tried inside a VM, Thought I had some luck but no... same issue.

Yxmet.png

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I was able to download it successfully even at ~80KB/Sec using Google Chrome. I grabbed the 64-bit version.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I was unable to install this in the VM, so I won't be able to provide any screen-shots.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
I'm hoping they'll fix the servers so I can actually download it and provide you not just a screenshot but a video review.

Dejan

Mar 3, 2011
I certainly hope AVG doesn't screw up this year, 2011 was an improvement from 9.0, but not by much and it still had a lot of problems with performance.

TKFlight

May 19, 2011
I actually thought AVG free 2011 was actually quite good, not great but good. Since Grisoft added Identity protection to the free version AVG Free has a better detection rate. But Grisoft always releases the new versions of AVG free later.

G

Guest28

I know me an TKFlight have tested avg 2011 free and when it was first released it started off really great. But then as the year went on it lost it's detection.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Here is the changelog for the 2012 product line.
* AntiRootkit: Improved detection of new variants of Alureon rootkit.
* AntiSpam: Added IPv6 support in AntiSpam update.
* Core: More flexible virus definitions.
* Core: Improved heuristic detection.
* Core: Optimization of "Scan files referred in registry" in Resident Shield.
* Core: Fixed crash during scan of registry.
* Core: Polymorphic malware detection methods have been optimized.
* Core: Some false alarms removed.
* Documentation: Instructions on fixing the most frequent technical issues have been added to chapter Troubleshooting in Help.
* Firewall: Added support for NTFS volumes mounted as directories.
* Firewall: Firewall settings lists' items can be selected by the space key.
* Firewall: Fixed displaying ask dialogs for communication of 32-bit applications on 64-bit operating systems.
* General: Added reset button for Anti-Spam statistics.
* General: Extended statistics of SharePoint document scanner component.
* General: Extended statistics of VSAPI and antivirus transport agents components.
* General: Added posibility to switch off scan of outbound emails in VSAPI plug-in.
* General: Added support for Anti-Rootkit exceptions.
* General: AVG products allow sound notifications for specific alerts.
* Kernel: End of MS Outlook 2000/2002 support.
* Kernel: Fixed issue with Resident Shield exclusion list when Kerio mail server is installed.
* Outlook: Fixed compatibility issue with Alt-N Outlook Connector.
* Setup: Setup will ask for restart if the installation of Microsoft redistributables requires it.
* Setup: Fixed incorrect registry rights in Firewall installation.
* Setup: Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 is detected as conflicting application.
* Safe Search: Fixed crash in Google Chrome when BitDefender TrafficLight is enabled.
* Safe Search: Fixed LinkScanner crash during common browsing.
* Safe Search: Optimization for framesets implemented.
* Setup: Fixed crash when saving log files in setup.
* Setup: Fixed issue with detection of competitive products.
* Toolbar: Toolbar introduces a new feature for private browsing.
* Update: Last update time displayed in AVG user interface changes only if the update was successful.
* User Interface: Several components were grouped together to reduce number of components in overview.
* User Interface: Fixed handling of duplicates in Resident Shield exceptions list.
* User Interface: Added default settings for advanced "Identity Protection settings" dialog.
* User Interface: Added support for In-application store.
* User Interface: Fixed notification about logged in users in restart request dialog.

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
Can someone please share some screenshots from this beta realease?

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
pablozi said:
Can someone please share some screenshots from this beta realease?
Here you go,I've just installed AVG IS 2012 BETA on my VM.
As you can see their are no major changes in the design...AVG has kept this UI for several years now..and I don't think they'll change it soon :D

AVG Internet Security 2012 BETA Screenshots :

Main UI :
[attachment=460]
Settings :
[attachment=461]

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    78.7 KB · Views: 641
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    42.2 KB · Views: 656

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Here is a quick look at AVG Internet Security 2012 : Installation , UI and Settings.

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
It's most likely to still use multiple processes, but components can be chosen during Custom Installation to minimise it. :D

Gadget (Not really required).
[attachment=463]

Custom Options - (Optionally not need half of these).
[attachment=464]

AVG Security Toolbar - (Not needed, not compatible with all web browsers).
[attachment=465]

Attachments

• Installer_01.png
    Installer_01.png
    86.7 KB · Views: 606
  • Installer_02.png
    Installer_02.png
    33.3 KB · Views: 623
  • Installer_03.png
    Installer_03.png
    67 KB · Views: 634

TKFlight

May 19, 2011
Its seems like they did a nice job with UI, it says in the change log that they improved heuristics detection. That seems like a good thing, and they added more flexible virus definitions(what ever that means).

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.