AVG 2012 products released

Status
Not open for further replies.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
i know about it.
but, i need all. even i uncheck the web filter, it not make big difference.

Lindows

Aug 19, 2011
win7holic said:
i know about it.
but, i need all. even i uncheck the web filter, it not make big difference.

Did a test see the results....

Last edited by a moderator:

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
@Lindows that's really a good result from AVG 2012. +REP.
The 2012 didn't bring any new major feature but it seems that they improved their database....... :)

G

Guest28

Ok here is the thing with avg every new year release they have about 90% detection and that's very good. But during about half a year they get sloppy again..... until the next new release.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
not bad for AVG new version (2012)
but, i don't like RAM usage and lot process for FREE version (up to 60MB and 9 process).

D

Deleted member 178

win7holic said:
not bad for AVG new version (2012)
but, i don't like RAM usage and lot process for FREE version (up to 60MB and 9 process).

agree, too much processes.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Again, it depends what components of AVG you decide to install and the last time I used AVG, RAM usage was low per process.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Is the Avg advisor compatible with Chrome??

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Yes.

From my recent experience with AVG LinkScanner 2012; it installs an extension/plugin.

If I'm correct the installed AVG Extension shows the Site Ratings and the AVG Plugin is the exploit protection.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Opposite to Free version, AVG IS didn't marked as PC Mag Editors

Dated September 1, 2011

Link

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
AVG Free Edition 2012.0.1831 (32-bit)

# FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS
* Core: Fixed issue with false detections on HFS+ partitions.
* Email Scanner: Fixed issue with "dot" character decoding/encoding.
* Identity Protection: Fixed issue with conflicting applications: 7-Zip, and Radio? Sure!
* Outlook: Improved Outlook 2010 antispam detection.
* Setup: Corrected issue with progress bar displaying the installation progress (Dutch version).
* Setup: Personal e-mail scanner is installed always when MS Outlook 2010 is installed.
* Update: Fixed issue with The Bat! plug-in removal during update.
* User Interface: Fixed crash in internal web browser.
* Virus Vault: Fixed Virus Vault enumeration.
* Setup: Corrected issue with progress bar displaying the installation progress (Dutch version).
* User Interface: Fixed crash in internal web browser.

http://free.avg.com/gb-en/free-antivirus-download

Nathan Wootton

Level 1
May 25, 2011
Well im using AVG 2012 now for a week or too and i must say they have improved ALOT from the last time i used AGV.... Was a bad experience it couldn't remove a rookit back in 2008

MDRockstar

Dec 14, 2011
me too i tried avg free 2012 and i am impressed by identity protection. The detection rate is good and removal of malware too.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
I will have to agree that AVG products have improved very much these last few years.
I can't remember back when my mother used AVG several years ago and she had over 100 malwares on her system and AVG didn't detect any of them. I can feel comfortable now recommending AVG to others.

Thanks.:D

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
but. hopefully they cutting down ram usage, and make the total process only 2-3 process (currently up to 8 processes)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Also AVG managed to put rootkit protection even in the free version that it was became a suggestion by the users long time before. So AVG made their track back likely since 1-2 years.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
:eek:fftopic:
Let me say I have 10 processes running, for example, each of them consume exactly 1MB of RAM... And one process consuming exactly 10MB of RAM, which one impacts the performance more, and why?

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
what? 10MB ram?
are you not wrong?
this.
yKaoU.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.