Status
Not open for further replies.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Always thought that AVG was a RAM usage hog. Has that changed at all?

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Hmm, well might skip on this version then.
Thanks.

MDRockstar

Dec 14, 2011
For me avg free 2012 have praticly no impact in my browsing speed. They have improved a lot cause with the 2011 version it was slowing my browsing. Check AV-comparatives performance test and avg rate very well .

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
@Win7holic
No, you understood me wrong. I meant let's for example have a process that consumes 10MB and 10 processes that consume 1MB. Which one impacts performance more? :)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
WinAndLinuxTutorials said:
:eek:fftopic:
Let me say I have 10 processes running, for example, each of them consume exactly 1MB of RAM... And one process consuming exactly 10MB of RAM, which one impacts the performance more, and why?

Neither.

CPU usage is what impacts PC performance.

On Windows 7 - I tried this yesterday - only when you are low on RAM (ie. less than 200MB free), will the PC slow down and might freeze.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.