AVG and Malwarebytes conflict ?

schnitzer

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 14, 2017
Hi there
I have been running AVG (paid for) protection for a few years now and recently due to a suspected virus I also added Malwarebytes 3.2.2 (free trial) to give me a bit more backup but they dont seem to like each other much.

Malwarebytes keeps saying real time protection is turned off and AVG keeps telling me to uninstall Malwarebytes. I thought these 2 AV are able to work together or are there different versions of each that are compatible?
Any help appreciated.

Reactions: given

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Hi there
I have been running AVG (paid for) protection for a few years now and recently due to a suspected virus I also added Malwarebytes 3.2.2 (free trial) to give me a bit more backup but they dont seem to like each other much.

Malwarebytes keeps saying real time protection is turned off and AVG keeps telling me to uninstall Malwarebytes. I thought these 2 AV are able to work together or are there different versions of each that are compatible?
Any help appreciated.

Applications in conflict with AVG | AVG Support

Dave Russo

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
If you really want to stay with AVG,plenty of other options besides Malwarebytes,that are just as good or better,Zemana,Emsisoft emergency scanner,Voodoshield offers nice extra protection,and a right click option shows virus total results,there are others as well,you know just google I guess gl

Reactions: Venustus

schnitzer

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 14, 2017
If you really want to stay with AVG,plenty of other options besides Malwarebytes,that are just as good or better,Zemana,Emsisoft emergency scanner,Voodoshield offers nice extra protection,and a right click option shows virus total results,there are others as well,you know just google I guess gl

Ok, thanks I will give them a try.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.