• Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I tried AVG Free under Shadow Defender. Few queries -

1. How is it on Win 10 64?
2. I couldn't find password protection, is it there?
3. Should I enable 'enhanced PUP detection"?
4. It doesn't require license & renewal?
5. How is the protection nowadays?
6. After install it gave a popup to install AVG SafeGuard (guess its toolbar) & I declined. Does product upgrade again offers to install the toolbar?

Note - I blocked avgui outbound connection in Windows FW & Pro ad on the GUI & Paid modules like FW disappeared. And it was working fine like alerts, scan, detection, update, etc... were working fine.

Reactions: Logethica
C

Crystal_Lake_Camper

Thread author
Hello @yesnoo , to answer your questions AVG runs fine one windows 10 x64 , as a side note your boottime will increase a bit. AVG does not offer password protection momentarily. you should enable enhanced pup detection. AVG free is not like avast , free where the user has to renew their license each year. once its activated , it stays this way even after new program updates! AVG's protection is way better , than its predissessors , due ton their new crowd cloud protection and enhancemenst in identity protection ( AVG'S zeroday component ) : a.i. intelligence that prevents new in the wild outbreaks. the last question I really do not now In my AVG is I have webtune up with AVG secure search. most people hate it , but I like it ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: frogboy

Sven

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 5, 2013
1. Fine.
2. Don't think so.
3. If you are unaware of your clicks, then you should.
4. No.
5. Average.
6. Yes it should ask again. SafeGuard changes your homepage into AVG Yahoo site. It does not do much.

P.S : Be sure to use an advanced uninstaller when you decide to uninstall it. Or use AVG Uninstaller from their website. Because it leaves A LOT of traces.

Have a good day ;)

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
Compatible with Windows 10 :)

No password protect

No need to enhance advaced PUP... it discovers a lot of PUP's already very well :)

Protection has never been better! 97%

It requires a free licence which is already GIVEN during the installation, and NO it doesn't need renewall.

Yes, it could show itself again... however AVG has less popups then other free AV. WATCH OUT for product updates, it might try to sneek AVG Zen in there... if it does, you can uninstall and re-install the LASTEST "free version" with no problems.

TO REMOVE: I personally uninstalled it using the AVG removal exe. it got rid of it really well.... then I scanned with CCleaner to get rid of left over keys. You can also use an Uninstaller that should do it just fine too.

Have a good one yesnoo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.