CONS
1.) the firewall is only outbound
2.) heavy impact on boottime
3.) malicious link scanner is not the best in the market
4.) protection against phising links is below par
5.) no sandbox
6.) webbrowsing can be slow on some cases
BOTTOM LINE
AVG is constantely working on improving their products over the course of years. whenever critical flaws are discovered , the
devellopment team take these very seriously and do their upmost best , to resolve these as soon as they can. they still
have some road to cover , to become the best , but all in all it is a product for the average computer user , as well as
the advanced users. if you want no hassle security look no further.
C

Crystal_Lake_Camper

Thread author
Naamloos1.jpg

Rishi

Level 19
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 3, 2015
That cloud component has improved this product by leaps.It is a reliable software to use along with the usual layered protection and safe browsing habits.I agree it lacks some of the advanced features, but there is always chance to improve.Thanks for the informative review!

Kate_L

in memoriam
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
AVG has amazing removal. Most people don't know why the removal is slow, it's because AVG searches for each detection other files and registry (you can see this in action with IDP).

AVG is in my Top 3 removal after Kaspersky, Dr.Web.

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
Good review Vatos. I agree 100%

I was using AVG last fall, and the AV has fixed and improved some things :) No more twitching UI, better scanning, no real bugs and good detection of PUPs... and low false positive.

Only gripe I had is bootup time is pretty slow compared to other AV's, plus keep watch for AVG Zen or silly uneeded updates that can sneak in.

If you want a "full" uninstall after using, the AVG removal tool works really well.

Last edited:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Indeed AVG improved a lot throughout the version releases considering that the performance and their active I.D Protection is yet fully active in such case.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.