Status
Not open for further replies.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
In the detection rate surely it will be rather same as other home products like AV,PRO and IS.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
jamescv7 said:
In the detection rate surely it will be rather same as other home products like AV,PRO and IS.

then, are not comparable; between product price and the level of protection.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
AVG Internet Security with extras. :dodgy:
AMSTERDAM, 28th July 2011 – AVG Technologies today announced AVG Premium Security, the all-new and only Internet security solution that actively surveys the Web for incidents of stolen identity. Available now for US$69.99, the product includes AVG Identity Alert, AVG Internet Security and AVG Quick Tune.
AVG Identity Alert also provides an Identity Theft Risk Score, which evaluates online theft risk based on behavioral characteristics, and an Identity Theft Restoration Kit, which provides documentation, sample letters and other tools for restoring an identity should it be compromised.

Quote sourced from Post#1

win7holic, the detection rate would perform the same as AVG Internet Security.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
in my opinion; AVG is not good to use, maybe many years ago AVG is good product, but now ? not anymore.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Link

Basically same GUI like the other versions.

AVG_Premium_Security_2011_identity_protection_1_610x401.png

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
This is AVG trying to make a Total Security version , but they miss a critical feature : Back-up.
I for one wouldn't pay 70$ for the Premium Security version as the added features aren't something worth paying extra for. But to be fair I wouldn't buy any Total Security version regardless of the vendor and I would just go for the Internet Security Suite,
Also I've notice that they don't have a trail version available yet :)
Comparison : http://www.avg.com/us-en/home-small-office-security

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Jack, LiveKive was their main online backup which include in Premium Security. So it should be consider as back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.