Petrovic

Level 64
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
New AVG Web TuneUp Optimizes your Browsing Experience for Performance, Privacy and Protection
AVG Technologies N.V. the provider of Internet and mobile security, privacy and optimization to 172 million active users, today announces the availability of AVG Web TuneUp to optimize Web browsing for Windows® users, providing protection while searching and surfing the Web, cleaning browsing tracks, and enabling users to control their online privacy.

AVG Web TuneUp works seamlessly in the background and requires minimal space to operate. Users experience a slim interface with one single button providing protection and privacy without interfering with browsing activity.

Initially available in English for Chrome(TM) or Firefox® browsers, AVG Web TuneUp is built on a powerful search engine with additional AVG security capabilities that enhances browser performance by detecting harmful or invasive websites and automatically protecting your Windows PC. This free browser add-on is the latest addition to AVG's comprehensive range of free online security products providing users with enhanced privacy, protection and performance for today's most popular digital devices.

"The Web today is filled with websites that contain hidden threats or cookies that track your online activity," said Andrew Reid, General Manager, Platform, AVG Technologies. "AVG Web TuneUp allows you to take back control of your privacy so that you only share data with organizations you trust. Performance of Web browsers is also critical to consumers," added Reid. "Speed and ease of use enable you to reach your online destination more quickly with the knowledge that your digital safety will not be compromised."

AVG Web TuneUp provides three key benefits:

-- Protection while searching and surfing - the Site Safety feature provides an additional security layer while searching and surfing to protect you from infected websites. It checks every page before you even click on a link to make sure your identity, your personal information and your PC are protected and then alerts you if the sites are deemed unsafe.

-- Browser cleaning capability - the Browser Cleaner feature provides 1-click cleaning of your online activity including browsing history, online cookies, download history and saved forms.

-- Privacy control - the Do Not Track feature shows you which websites are collecting data on your online activities and allows you to take back control of your privacy by giving you the choice to block ad network tracking, social network tracking and Web analytics

1gwcpuh5ky.jpg

Download (Beta):
http://www.avg.com/ww-en/web-tuneup

G

Guest28

This seems to be the new trend with security software. Correct, me if i am wrong Avast was one of the first one's to make a similar tool like this as well as Avira. I hear that Lavasoft is getting a similar add on as well. I guess these are better than tool-bars Avira's web safety beta is also similar.

ChoiceVoice

Level 6
Verified
Oct 10, 2014
all features work on my opera browser, but in firefox, only have rating ... no cleaning or privacy stuff. plus, in ie, it says it is incompatible with my security settings. so which is better for my security, to decrease the ie browsers in built security and turn on avg web tuneup, or ditch avg tuneup and keep browser security ramped up. i think i'll ditch the addon in ie.

C

Crystal_Lake_Camper

AVG is and both zemana in realtime is overkill in my opinion and occupies too many ram. I also run AVG Is 2016 and also have zemana premium , but only run this as an on demand scanner. AVG protects you enough. you can disable webtuneup , if you like their linkscanner is not that good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: robin hood

robin hood

Level 4
Verified
Dec 12, 2012
AVG is and both zemana in realtime is overkill in my opinion and occupies too many ram in my opinion. I also run AVG Is 2016 and also have zemana premium , but only run this as an on demand scanner. AVG protects you enough. you can disable webtuneup , if you like their linkscanner is not that good.
shortly before disabled AVG tuneUp

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@robin Yes you may, still its up to you because there areinstances that web based threats can detect immediately through addons than AV but its dfference is too minimał.

Reactions: robin hood
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.