Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 4, 2011
https://betacenter.avira.com/login.html

- Enhanced Child Protection
The existing features have been restructured for better usability (URL Category blocking, Time-Control and Social Network Protection). The alerts for URL and time control have been centralized.
- Integration of Social Network Security
New functionality has been integrated into the product named Social Network Security. The product offers a link to the SocialShield website which will open in the default browser. Functionality can be accessed there.
- Integration of Android Security
New functionality, Android Security, has been integrated as well into the product. The product offers a link to the Android website which will open in the default browser. Functionality can be accessed there. Multiple devices can be managed. Functionality includes Locate, Lock, Alert, & Message.
- Advanced Protection through Avira Protection Cloud (APC)
After each installation, and then once a week , there will be a Quick System Scan performed automatically where the Avira Protection Cloud is being used in order to improve the detection. The APC is going to be released only for the paid products. You can find the settings in Control Center -> General -> Advanced Security
- Integration of the Experts Market
Experts Market is a new entry in the Tray icon. A link is displayed with every reported detection through Realtime Protection as well as Web Protection. The user is linked to the Experts Market where different experts offer help to the customers’ problems.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Is this the Cloud AV that is in Beta?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Seems so since APC was mentioned in the first post. :rolleyes:

LiLWaYnE said:
After each installation, and then once a week , there will be a Quick System Scan performed automatically where the Avira Protection Cloud is being used in order to improve the detection. The APC is going to be released only for the paid products.

McLovin said:
Is this the Cloud AV that is in Beta?

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
Thanks for all the info, will be interesting to see how it shapes up.

Syntax

Level 1
Feb 4, 2012
LiLWaYnE said:
- Integration of Social Network Security
New functionality has been integrated into the product named Social Network Security. The product offers a link to the SocialShield website which will open in the default browser. Functionality can be accessed there.

After each installation, and then once a week , there will be a Quick System Scan performed automatically where the Avira Protection Cloud is being used in order to improve the detection. The APC is going to be released only for the paid products. You can find the settings in Control Center -> General -> Advanced Security

I'm curious about the Social Network Security.

Good thing that APC is implemented but the downfall is it is for paid products. Many use Avira free. I think it benefits more for them.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Here's SocialShield (powered by Avira)
http://www.socialshield.com/

I agree with you about APC.

Syntax

Level 1
Feb 4, 2012
Earth said:
Here's SocialShield (powered by Avira)
http://www.socialshield.com/

I agree with you about APC.

They're surely focusing on child's protection. :p

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
Avira is mostly a feature limited free AV. It stands out only due to detection capacity. I am actually waiting for AVG 2013 final release. IT will give a tough competition to Avira.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.