Advice Request Avira AV + Comodo FW compatibility

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

novocaine

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Aug 19, 2016
Hi fellas, I would like to add Comodo Firewall to my pro laptop which already has Avira Pro installed, I'm wondering if it may cause problem, because Avira has control over Windows FW. anyone has tried this combination? if yes how it goes so far? thanks :)

Brahman

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
There are much better free avs that can combine with CF than avira. Well you can always switch off windows firewall, the only issue that can cause is a nagging security alert from the part of avira pro that " you are not protected" .

R

Rodney74

Avast works I tried it yesterday.

I think everyone needs to know Avira is fast and I like it with CFW, but the Avira task bar icon disappears as of latest version (google it).

Also F-secure AV (AV ONLY) is VERY FAST on my system, and I am using it with CFW now... You just have to install F-secure first, then install on demand scanners, and then CFW, then go to control panel and turn off Windows FW.

Wish someone would show all the proper settings for CFW, for great protection, without causing problems.

novocaine

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Aug 19, 2016
thanks guys :) today I tried to modify Avira installation by unchecking the Firewall module prior to Comodo FW installation and now they work side by side perfectly. Avira has either excellent signature and heuristic while Comodo FW is excellent FW equipped with excellent HIPS and sandbox, I think it's solid combination and it makes me happy ;)

R

Rodney74

There are much better free avs that can combine with CF than avira. Well you can always switch off windows firewall, the only issue that can cause is a nagging security alert from the part of avira pro that " you are not protected" .

FREE Version didn't give me that notice. BUT the missing Icon is a deal buster on latest version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.