Status
Not open for further replies.

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
Not sure I understand the point of adding an ad blocker to ABS. It already includes tracker blocking which generally includes all ads; it just isn't configured to hide the placeholders of those blocked ads.

Reactions: Deletedmessiah

brambedkar59

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
S
Not sure I understand the point of adding an ad blocker to ABS. It already includes tracker blocking which generally includes all ads; it just isn't configured to hide the placeholders of those blocked ads.
So you are saying ABS is also an Adblocker? Just like Ublock origin. I don't think so. I tried it and it failed to block ads on all the sites i visited.

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
S

So you are saying ABS is also an Adblocker? Just like Ublock origin. I don't think so. I tried it and it failed to block ads on all the sites i visited.
It doesn't specifically target ads but it does end up blocking them from certain ad networks who consistently implement tracking beacons into said ads. Any major anti-tracker/ad blocker probably has it beat in terms of blocking ability though.

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
S

I think its more like Disconnect. Disconnect blocks trackers not technically ads but most of the ads tracks you so they end up getting blocked.

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
Does ABS use adguard filter to block ad ?
MaZYG3f.jpg

Once they release it to the public it will do.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.