Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
Media hype...

It's a crock.

Phoooeeeey... :D

Are you sure?
I just saw that on their facebook, and according to this trailer, they prepare something against 0 day threats o_O

H

hjlbx

Nothing against Avira or any other AV... other than the fact that they all AV vendors state "We have super-duper protection against 0-day malwares..."

Then users find out hard way that there is no such thing as absolute protection... and they cannot surf with impunity.

All AV vendors over-state their protection abilities.

All any of us need to do is buy some "Force" from Luke Skywalker... and we'll all be protected.

Looks a lot like something Melih\Comodo would throw out there... :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Behold Eck

Nirv5668

Level 2
Verified
Mar 21, 2015
One word- Segway

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Segway_PT
Early history and pre-release marketing
The Segway PT was known by the names Ginger and IT before it was unveiled...

The invention, development, and financing of the Segway was the subject of a narrative nonfiction book, Code Name Ginger (in paperback as Reinventing the Wheel), by journalist Steve Kemper. The leak of information from that book led to speculation about the "IT" device prior to release. The speculation created an unexpected advance buzz about the product that was, at times, hyperbolic. Steve Jobs was quoted as saying that it was "as big a deal as the PC",[1]though later sources quoted him as saying when first introduced to the product that its design "sucked".[2] John Doerrspeculated that it would be more important than the Internet.[1] Articles were written in major publications speculating on it being a Stirling engine.[3] South Park devoted an episode to making fun of the hype before the product was released.

Reactions: Behold Eck

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
I installed Avira Free recently, but it would not update. I googled the problem, and it seemed that many people were affected. I decided to uninstall because of that. I always think bug fixing is more important than new features.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
This is one of the rare advertisement in action provided by Avira, but who knows; don't judge by its cover. We should expect the return of their Behavior Blocker which failed at primetime or be adapt on what is the latest trend for better effectiveness.

Nirv5668

Level 2
Verified
Mar 21, 2015
Joking aside, I am actually excited to see what it is, so I guess the advertisement was effective! Even if nothing groundbreaking, cool idea for marketing at least.

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
Might be some sort of sandbox ?

What ever it is I wonder will it be available in the free version ?

All very Comodoesque but interesting none the less.

Regards Eck:)

Circe

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jul 3, 2013
special offer, Buy an Internet Security Suite license and get a FREE one for a friend or Buy an Internet Security Suite license
and get an extra year for FREE – just for you.
Star Wars gimmick.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Seems the term 'dark side' mentioned is like to be fancy to be malicious thing. ;)

Well anyway nice try for Avira :) and releasing a new version isn't yet a time.

Reactions: Stardust018
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.