Battle Avira Free Antivirus + COMODO Firewall Free + Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Premium vs KAS 2017

RXZ6Q

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Mar 30, 2016
Hello, guys. Currently I am using Avira Free Antivirus + COMODO Firewall Free + Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Premium. I like this protection but now I have a chance to buy Kaspersky Internet Security 2017 just for 9 EUR (special promotion from one magazine). Should I go for it?

FrankS

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Dec 22, 2015
I voted for Kaspersky. One Application with all features included, so you don't need to manage three programs. So it's easier for you to handle. Kaspersky has a really good detection ratio & protection against all kinds of malware because of it's very good engine, very big cloud network and currently it has a nice performance.

R

Rodney74

I voted for Kaspersky. One Application with all features included, so you don't need to manage three programs. So it's easier for you to handle. Kaspersky has a really good detection ratio & protection against all kinds of malware because of it's very good engine, very big cloud network and currently it has a nice performance.

I like this years Kaspersky too. some yrs it is fast, and some yrs it slows my PC....NOW I don't use it becasue of the goodle.com problem.

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
...but I find Windows Firewall to be good enough

I think Windows firewall won't be a good bet. It's a bit easier to bypass; even many amateurs are learning ways of exploiting Win Firewall's famous loopholes.
Not to say that Comodo has the opposite fate, but it is more comprehensive and powerful.

Reactions: Der.Reisende

Zero Knowledge

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 2, 2016
I voted for Kaspersky. No better protection out there. KIS is a very good choice for 9 EUR.

Check eBay. You might find it cheaper for a 1 year license.

giants8058

Level 4
Verified
Jan 26, 2016
For 9 EUR you can't compare with Kaspersky. Couple it with hitmanpro.alert for exploits and SpyShelter for loggers and your pretty much all set. May be a little overkill, but better safe than sorry.

Reactions: JakeXPMan

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.