App Review Avira Free Antivirus Test

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NSG001

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
Avira Free Antivirus Test
Uploaded to YouTube by Pokerwaffle

Kindly N.B.
The review of this software is not carried out by me.
Any questions or criticisms should be directed to the author of the video.
These videos are posted here for the communities entertainment value only :)

Last edited by a moderator:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Avira is known for the backbone through webguard and modified settings, its likely they need to improve through default settings.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
jamescv7 said:
Avira is known for the backbone through webguard and modified settings, its likely they need to improve through default settings.

I can tell you from my experience that Avira Webguard detects some links to malware that will be undetected by their antivirus program. I don't know what they're thinking about but not all malware is spread by the internet.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
WinAndLinuxTutorials said:
I can tell you from my experience that Avira Webguard detects some links to malware that will be undetected by their antivirus program. I don't know what they're thinking about but not all malware is spread by the internet.

This is common though, so I don't see any problems with a webguard. A webguard may provide extra protection when using the "web" hence it's name.

Some vendors have a webguard, some don't, and others may have their DNS.

Of course there are certain Pros and Cons, but a WebGuard for protection you while using the Internet is a good idea (IMO).

Btw, there are other ways of protecting your computer from physicals mediums, that may contain hidden malicious code.

Z

ZeroDay

When Avira gets tested by av comparatives they always ask for it to be tested at max settings.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well mostly when using internet you cannot expect that viruses may across to your system so having Webguard on its not a bad idea. It may blocked immediately for anything enters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.