• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
Oops! I read that incorrectly. I got my threads crossed. I was posting past my bedtime. heh...so, yes, my post doesn't even make sense. (Note to self: you aren't 20 years old anymore--Oh wait! I already have that note to self here...) :rolleyes:

I was trying to point out that 360+BD+Avira did have a higher detection rate than QVM alone.

D

Deleted member 2913

If Avira & Bd are not enabled then 360 has no offline signature/heur protection?

JD15

Level 1
Verified
Jul 12, 2015
Avira has a very good file based detection and also light. Bitdefender has a good file based detection yet their better detection is more with behaviour and hips.
If you really want another engine added the Avira with be a better choice, but like someone else said it will slow down your pc with added extra AV engines.

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
I've been testing TSE and the other engines are useless dont use them use only the default engine, it doesnt update its data base normally it is always with a delay.
I'm looking on my install TSE when the last update of the engines was 11-07-015 and we are on the 17th.
I highly recommend to use the older version 360IS until this one will be stable

Piteko21

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 13, 2014
both are great nad both has FPs ...
Avira is more consistent...
BD has some problems of fps...
you decide.

Reactions: nissimezra

Jimmy HendriX

Level 24
Verified
Well-known
Dec 25, 2014
antivirus is really all false positives (obviously) and second I prefirero all engines installed for maximum protection and better.
I do not care if Qihoo has false positives how important is the safety of pc

Reactions: nissimezra

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
I've been testing TSE and the other engines are useless dont use them use only the default engine, it doesnt update its data base normally it is always with a delay.
I'm looking on my install TSE when the last update of the engines was 11-07-015 and we are on the 17th.
I highly recommend to use the older version 360IS until this one will be stable

I have 360 TS 7.0.0.51. Avira updates regularly like clockwork.

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
Are you sure? Mine checks for updates daily but the Avira signatures are still 09 June.
Look at the timestamps in \Program Files (x86)\360\Total Security\deepscan\SDEng\savapi\ and open vbase031.vdf in a text editor:
Virus Database File
Version: 7.11.237.234
FUP: 1
License date: 4.6.2015
VDF date: 4.6.2015
Minimum engine: 7.9.4.32
Signatures: 7874074
Required linked VDF: 7.11.237.158
Source: 7.11.237.234
Compiler: 1.5.0.4
Now compare to http://www.avira.com/en/support-vdf-history

BD signatures do get updates; cf. \Program Files (x86)\360\Total Security\deepscan\SDEng\bd\Plugins\

LahiruRajinda

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jul 6, 2015
Are you sure? Mine checks for updates daily but the Avira signatures are still 09 June.
Look at the timestamps in \Program Files (x86)\360\Total Security\deepscan\SDEng\savapi\ and open vbase031.vdf in a text editor:

Now compare to http://www.avira.com/en/support-vdf-history

BD signatures do get updates; cf. \Program Files (x86)\360\Total Security\deepscan\SDEng\bd\Plugins\

Saw this on wilderssecurity some time ago. I'm using BD sigs so can't confirm. However, if this happens to be true, users should be informed about this delay in Avira dbs as it might create a major risk in offline protection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.