Battle AVIRA Premium Security Suite 2011 Vs KIS 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

RE: AVIRA premium security suite Vs KIS 2012

i like none if them but if i must choose i will go for Avira, i dont like KIS.

GabiCRX

Level 8
Verified
Jun 24, 2011

Despite the fact that I'm a Avira fan, i select KIS
Reason: has better 0-day protection

varunit

Level 1
Thread author
Sep 16, 2011

I am just surprised to see the behavior of KIS 2012 today.. I came across a malware sample at
Code:
hxxp://malc0de.com/database/index.php?search=winvnc
and tested it with my KIS 2012.
Unfortunately it, didn't detected it. But the results of jotti and VT shows that kaspersky had detections.. I am confused..

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011

For me even I use Avira. The fact that KIS have the features that helped against malware/viruses beside on signatures.

NathanF1

Level 2
Verified
Jul 9, 2011

Avira haven't improved a lot for a long time now [but in spite of this still manage to hover close to the top], to me they appear to be standing still [2012 BETA excluded], which in the security industry is pretty much going backwards.

Kaspersky has clawed back quite a lot of the performance disadvantage, the Application Control has become a very strong HIPS, the online protection is well thought out and comprehensive.

Kaspersky for me.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Agree with Nathan , Avira didn't really improve or add any feature to its internet security suite ,the most powerful and maintained module in Avira has been for years the antivirus engine. Avira is a suite designed for detection and the main problem with this concept is that detection has its limits when it comes to zero day attacks.

Kaspersky has added over the years many new features but what this suite really needs is a rewrite of the basic code , a improvement on the scanning algorithm so that the resource usage complaints from its users will be solved.

VOTE : KIS 2012

K__M

Jun 14, 2011
I have Kaspersky on my list of great antivirus/suits, mostly because i decide to ditch my antivirus/suits all the time... I never stick with one very long :haha:.

List of the great ones IMO and tests...:

Norton

ESET

Kaspersky

Avast

maybe some others.. can't think of anymore off the top of my head.

SO, my vote is...... KASPERSKY.

Viking

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 2, 2011
KIS 2012 for me. I like to adjust my protection/scan settings that little bit more, KIS is perfect for that. Both are excellent products!

bitbizket

Level 3
Jul 26, 2011
Yeah, i wish they could fix the KSN bug. I have a dial-up so its really bugging me i supposed.
By the way do Viking from Australia? That's a long way from home mate..JK

Have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.