Expired Avira Premium Security Suite - Free for 180 days

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
About;

Avira Premium Security Suite is a powerful security suite for home users that provides protection against viruses, hackers, online fraud, spam, phishing schemes, spyware, identity theft and all other known and unknown threats. Avira Premium Security Suite is equipped with generic repair technology that provides smart and fast repair for detected malware.

Features of Avira Premium Security Suite:

• AntiVir stops all types of viruses
  • AntiAd/Spyware eliminates ad/spyware
  • AntiPhishing proactive protection against phising
  • AntiRootkit against hidden rootkit threats
  • AntiDrive-by prevents against downloading viruses when surfing
  • AntiBot prevents dangerous bot networks
  • An enhanced interface graphical interface
  • EmailScannerEnhanced email protection
  • WebGuard for monitoring data and files transferred from the Internet using the
  • HTTP protocol
  • RescueSystem create a bootable rescue CD
  • BackupSystem configurable data backup solution
  • A modularized AV-search engine for improved scan performance
  • An integrated failsafe security system, and SMTP support for AntiVir MailGuard
  • AntiSpam filters out unwanted emails
  • FireWall protection against hackers
  • GameMode uninterrupted game play
  • QuickRemoval eliminate viruses at the push of a button
  • NetbookSupport for laptops with low resolution
  • ParentalControl block websites unsuitable for children

[attachment=739]

How to;

As part of promotional offer, Avira Security is giving away six months license of Avira Premium Security Suite 10 for free. To grab free six months of Avira Premium Security Suite 10 go here - link

Attachments

• avira-premium-security-10.jpg
    avira-premium-security-10.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 611

NathanF1

Level 2
Verified
Jul 9, 2011
Used to rely on Avira Free until recently, when I got the security software equivalent of the "7 year itch" :)
Will definitely get a license and check it again, proactive protection still seems excellent - next to G-DATA and ESET.
Thank you.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
thanks jack. for sharing this
hopefully, many months again. Norton do like this, not just give 90 days trial, but 180 days :)

NathanF1

Level 2
Verified
Jul 9, 2011
darkelixa said:
Oh what you using these days?

NIS 2011, BitDefender Internet Security 2011/2012, Avast Internet Security 6, Emsisoft Anti-Malware - I have a lot of PCs to look after :(

But it's fun and something to talk about on MalwareTips ;)

NathanF1

Level 2
Verified
Jul 9, 2011
darkelixa said:
Ah very nice, which one do you like the most?

For me, it would have to be NIS: light, unobtrusive, great protection, extremely well thought out and accomplished package. Sets the standard for the rest of the field to me, and I wasn't always of this opinion about Symantec.

Next would be AIS - many great features to complement and help the AV, which in itself still has a bit of way to go to challenge Symantec, G-DATA, BitDefender, F-Secure, at least in terms of outright detection capabilities. The Sandbox, Autosandbox and SafeZone do add additional layers of protection though.

BitDefender would be last - outstanding AV engine, but misses that cohesiveness characterizing the other two. They've worked a lot to get the usability right in 2012, and for the most part the results are there, they added Sandbox and the I really like the new browser toolbar, both in terms of technical approach and design. Quite a few of the expert settings in BDIS are gone, though, and the product still requires some dedicated effort to live with, making it an acquired taste and appearing more idiosyncratic in this company.

Apologies for the long and topic derailing post :blush:.

I wish Avira does come out of their current situation and conundrums stronger, the fundamentals are there - strong and fast real-time guard, heuristic engine I think is very good too, I don't have experience with Web Guard, and I tend to use a third-party Firewall/HIPS [not quite satisfied with security suites' offerings].

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
A good giveaway, hopefully features were added once they released the major version and more improve in the detection rates.

Ramblin

Level 3
May 14, 2011
I think this is a nice giveaway. I installed it yesterday"for fun" using
my system virtualization program, Timefreeze. Did not install the FW
in order for me to be able to install it and use it.
I was very, very happy with how Avira felt while browsing, downloading
or scanning. Guard, Web guard did not slow me down enough to make
it noticeable.

Memory consumption was nothing and CPU was pretty low the whole time,
it never spiked or nothing. It was a very nice surprise as last time I used
Avira10 was when it first came out and, for me, at that time it was a
disaster. When Avira10 came out, it only lasted 15 minutes on my PC.

Bottom line. If I wanted to use a real time antivirus, I would install Avira
Premium. I recommend it for anybody looking for an antivirus.

Bo

D

Deleted member 178

it is just a simple firewall not a firewall/HIPS like OA/CFW and co.

Ramblin

Level 3
May 14, 2011
darkelixa said:
Oh whats wrong with the firewall?
I did not install the Firewall because it wont work when using Timefreeze
for trying programs. TF is a system virtualization application and with
those programs, when you reboot, everything is gone. For firewalls to
install properly and/or work you need to reboot the PC so that made it
a no/no for trying Aviras firewall under Timefreeze.

Bo

NathanF1

Level 2
Verified
Jul 9, 2011
bo.elam said:
I was very, very happy with how Avira felt while browsing, downloading
or scanning. Guard, Web guard did not slow me down enough to make
it noticeable.

Memory consumption was nothing and CPU was pretty low the whole time,
it never spiked or nothing.
Bottom line. If I wanted to use a real time antivirus, I would install Avira
Premium. I recommend it for anybody looking for an antivirus.

Bo

It's very fast indeed. I actually started using Avira like this a few years ago - a giveaway for 6 months. I was using Kaspersky at the time, which felt a lot faster and snappier than ZA, but still its impact was very noticeable. Then I got Avira and realized that you don't necessarily have to sacrifice performance and responsiveness for excellent protection.

Few years later, the minimal [next to non perceptible] impact is still a very strong point, sadly its the perceived downward trend in protection performance, that is becoming a focal point about Avira. I think it's a bit overstated, though - retrospective and on-demand test results still indicate very capable product.

And it seems a part of the current situation Avira is facing actually is the company becoming a victim of its own success [with Avira Free arguably one of the best available Free AV products].

darkelixa

Jul 3, 2011
The premium versions offer better protection with different modules within the program thou, and also dedicated servers for updates

D

Deleted member 178

specially the difference about the servers made me throw away Avira. i use a free product, so im a second zone users, so i must wait longer to have update?... come on... even Avast, AVG or Comodo dont do that...

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
darkelixa said:
Oh whats wrong with the firewall?

A pure firewall that came in version 10. Hopefully on their new version they must make improve from the firewall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.