Avira Protection Cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malware1

Level 76
Thread author
Sep 28, 2011
Outsmarting the malware of the future requires building a huge community-powered knowledge base containing malware data and clean applications. For that we need your support. The more users contribute, the better we can protect everyone! By working together, you can help us continue to provide security no virus can crack!
cloud-screenshot.png

More info:
http://www.avira.com/en/avira-protection-cloud

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Anyone participating, how does it install/work on your system?

P

Plexx

I'll give it a test. Internet a bit slow and for some odd reason the page itself takes ages to load :(

Update: site still doesnt load for me...

G

Guest28

Site loads up fine for me. I don't want to test it on my machine right now. my test machine is at my other house. It looks like avira might be turning things around if they go all white and black list like DriveSentry that would be pretty cool. Ill test it when I get back to my other house.

Malware Maniac

Level 1
May 14, 2012
Link worked for me too. But I don't like when sites force you to register if they don't even let you try it.

G

Guest28

Well it is a beta so it is understandable. If they let randoms users just install the beta software and things go wrong avira could be in serious trouble.

P

Plexx

Finally was able to load the page... now just waiting for the email to arrive to confirm it.

G

Guest28

Is this suppose to replace all avira products? Or is this just going to be an add on?

P

Plexx

ryan said:
Is this suppose to replace all avira products? Or is this just going to be an add on?

Not entirely sure but I am still waiting for the email. Perhaps it got lost on the way?

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Site loads for me. Going to give it a shot too.

P

Plexx

Malware Maniac said:
biozfear said:
Quite a few hours later, still no email... Is this normal?

I had to wait quite a bit for MIcrosoft to send me an email for MSE beta.

I shall wait then. In the mean time, load up VM and play around with the dlls.

MDRockstar

Dec 14, 2011
The beta has been released and we can test it !

http://www.avira.com/en/avira-protection-cloud

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
biozfear said:
Give up, still no email :(

Check your junk folder, or try with an alternate email address. Got mine, and signed up to the Avira Beta Projects.

P

Plexx

checked and nothing. Ill give my alternate email a try. lets hope its not hotmail playing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.