Avira SafeSearch Plus for Browsers

Do you use any Avira browser extensions?

• Yes, I use Avira SafeSearch / Plus

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Yes, but I use Avira Browser Safety which includes SafeSearch

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • No, I don't use any Avira browser extensions

Votes: 10 62.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Will Avira SafeSearch Plus replace SafeSearch?
http://www.avira.com/en/avira-safesearch-plus

Avira SafeSearch Plus is a browser extension that red-flags infected websites in your search results.
It secures all searches on your homepage, new tabs, and gets set as your default search engine.

Avira SafeSearch Plus
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/avira-safesearch-plus/khjilmcjipkeokomeekfnhkpbnhmgaje

Avira SafeSearch
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/avira-safesearch/ldmiahjidflgnbiadknkmaimfpjkelng

Description
Convenient search in your browser from the security experts at Avira. Ensure that you’re only getting the safest results.

- Adds a lightweight, unobtrusive search field to your browser
- Utilizes Avira SafeSearch™ and URL Cloud™ technology
- Shows the security rating for all search results before you click them
- Enables you to make Avira SafeSearch™ your default search provider
- Allows you to add Avira SafeSearch™ to your new tab page

Avira will not present you advertisements or unwanted content and does not store your personal data.​

Info: Chrome may notify you that the Omnibox settings have been modified and offer you to restore changes made my this extension.

uninfected1

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
I've recently started using Avira SafeSearch Plus but something I don't like are what I presume are 4 sponsored bookmarks for Amazon, ebay, booking.com and twitter, and I can't see any way of removing them. If they can be removed I'd really like to know how.

D

Deleted Member 333v73x

I've recently started using Avira SafeSearch Plus but something I don't like are what I presume are 4 sponsored bookmarks for Amazon, ebay, booking.com and twitter, and I can't see any way of removing them. If they can be removed I'd really like to know how.
Certain adblockers are capable of that.

Reactions: uninfected1

uninfected1

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
Can ublock origin be configured to do it? Also, can Images be excluded from the search results?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.