Avira Version 2014 Update 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaZa9

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 16, 2013
I just wanted to share this update I think it is a little important for Avira users. This for Avira 14 Beta. The good thing that they finally removed AskToolbar!
  • New beta build: 14.0.5.370

Those are the latest changes we did for update 5:
  • Refreshed GUI
A fresh look of the product, applying the latest corporate identity graphics
  • Antivirus Pro (plus licensing)
Starting with this update, there is going to be only one single paid product, called Antivirus Pro. It replaces all existing antivirus components from the following product suites: AV Suite, Internet Security Suite, Family Protection Suite, Ultimate Protection Suite.

It accepts licenses from all above antivirus products and also the currently maintained products Antivirus Suite, Internet Security Suite and Ultimate Protection Suite will be migrated to this product automatically.
  • Server Security product release on latest state
This update fixes various bugs (related to remote commands, events, quarantine, MMC integration) and adds some performance improvements (boot time performance) .

The support for Windows Server 2012 and 2012 R2 has been improved for some special cases.
  • New AIRS (Avira Intelligent Repair System) functionality (reboot handling, quarantine handling, extended API)
The latest repair functions are updated.
  • Do not offer the toolbar anymore in all products
From now on, all products will be delivered without the SearchFree toolbar.
  • System Tray application improvements
Fixed various bugs, reduced the amount of events written which might have slowed down the computer

And here some screen shots from my system

zZo0vZT.png

jl0dWMg.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.