Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
What would be your suggestion between these three for some of your friends who is not expert, more a noob?
Level of Protection is more important than the features and to have as little user intervention.
You can propose a fourth program + explanation.

Thank You :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

OneDay

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2014
Hello, Av Gurus!
Since you asked for little user intervention, for me, Comodo is out. I wouldn't reccomend it even for advanced users. I'm talking about the antivirus, of course, because the firewall is top-notch.
Panda is more or less an install-and-forget antivirus. Its detection rate is similar to that of Avira, but Avira is much more customisable. Panda uses less memory, but, I think, Avira is lighter (meaning less system slowdowns).
I would personally choose Avira, then.

Last edited:

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
I personally would go for Panda, as they have a little edge over Avira in many ways, however the latest releases of Panda boost good detection but their removal seems to slack behind a bit so it would be a very close call.
But does it really matter? Avira and Panda are pretty much in the same league here.
Pick one and you will be fine.

Support wise the call would be Panda, they have all the expertise needed as a good AV and offer a legion of tools just in case things go bad.
Also their customer support is pretty darn good as well.

What to say about Comodo? who are they again? Ahh right the mandatory 300 bug fail program.... sure what ever...

OneDay

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2014
As I mentioned above, Comodo is not recommended. It is too powerful and it produces a lot of pop-ups newbies don't really know how to answer.
As for Avast, it's a great choice. Between all these you've suggested so far, I would definitely go with it. It needs some configuration, but after that, it's gonna be an excellent choice all the way.

Reactions: Av Gurus

jerzy601

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 20, 2011
Personally I prefer Avire is lightweight and less problematic and the detection is the same as Panda.
Avire is easy to set up.
Pandas do not like kinda slows down the system I had it and I was not pleased with it.

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
I would go for Panda, as Nico@FMA explained their customer service is excellent: I can verify that as I used Panda for 6-8 months. Comodo has a very poor AV and their support is terrible, actually, unless you pay there is no support.

Reactions: Jack and Av Gurus

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
before i begin i just want to say that right now i"m using comodo.
comodo not for beginners so is out(but overall has better protection from the others).
Panda i don't recommend because you need to set it up right for better protection so it's not for begginers.
I prefer Avira because you don't have to do anything just install and forget and has good protection.
p.s.:For other av's i don't choose Avast because you have to set it up properly for maximum protection so again not for begginers.
i can recommend Avg because you can install and forget and has good protection even their 0 day protection is improving in 2015.
that's my suggestions and i hope i have helped

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.