Status
Not open for further replies.

KaptainBug

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Dec 26, 2013
Hello,

I won a license for AX64 time machine, but I don't know how good it is. Since its a new product there are not many user reviews online. MT members who use AX64 please post your comments, pros and cons about this product. Heard this one can revert to earlier state while being logged into windows and that's why I'm interested in this.

D

Deleted member 178

it is very good, depending which version or which system. I use it since a while and except on win8 it works quite well(Win8 give the devs some sleepless nights^^)

AX64 is an hybrid between snapshot softs ( Rollback Rx, etc...) and imaging softs (macrium, acronis, paragon, etc...) , it is designed to take multiple fast snapshots of the system and can be able to restore them very fast. (mostly less than 5mn); unlike RX it doesn't touch the MBR so no un-bootable system. AX64 backup only the system partition at the moment.

i wait the next final release then i will do a review.

KaptainBug

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Dec 26, 2013
Thanks for your comment. Do you mean it does not work well in Win8.1 as well ?

D

Deleted member 178

for Win8.1, some issues are still here , you have to use a beta version to avoid some of them. i will suggest you to wait the next final release unless you like take risks (like me ^^)

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

nastavnikhe

Level 10
Verified
Content Creator
Dec 16, 2012
On my win 10 64-bit I am not able to start the program.
I get an error:
volume C: Cannot save the backup C100000A code 0

379EXHD

The last beta which was sent to me was supposed to be 10 compatible ,but I couldn't say as I am using it on Win.7. The version number is 2.0.0.665. Hot restore is working again for me on 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.