Azure Phoenix's Security Configuration (2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I might consider a different on demand scanner than HMP since you have HMPA in real time.
Have you considered a backup program such as Macrium Reflect?
Nice secure config!! Thanks for sharing it with us :)

Azure

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
I might consider a different on demand scanner than HMP since you have HMPA in real time.
Have you considered a backup program such as Macrium Reflect?
Nice secure config!! Thanks for sharing it with us :)
I did have Macrium Reflect before. Does version 7 (I think that's the latest one) still have a free version?

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
I did have Macrium Reflect before. Does version 7 (I think that's the latest one) still have a free version?
First of all thanks for posting your config, Emsisoft and VS are the directors there :)
I'm using Macrium Free, and I haven't got the upgrade to version 7 but only a minor update of version 6.
Looking on the official site, it doesn't seem to be reference to version 7 for the free edition (for now or...?).

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
That's somewhat over the top. Do you really need VDS and HMPA alongside EIS?
Consider removing one from the former two depending on your needs.
If you need lockdown and AI opinion of VDS, keep it.
VDS will add a heterogenous layer to your setup and provide more control.
Otherwise keep HMPA (behavior + anti exploit + keystroke encryption) or the triplet with only keystroke encryption in HMPA.
You can do without Ccleaner since Kerish doctor is an all rounder automated tool.
Keep safe :)

Azure

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
OS build: updated to latest version

Uninstalled: Adguard (license expired), Turn off light( used it as a black theme for YouTube but Tampermonkey already serves that purpose)

Change default browser: From Chrome to Edge

Added: Malwarebytes free (since some suggested I added one more on-demand scanner), Tampermonkey: extension for Edge (I like the YouTube black theme), Ghostery and Ublock Origin: extension for Edge.

Ublock Origin is not on the extension list but it still available for Edge for those that want to try it there's a link to it on this page
uBlock Origin finally comes to Microsoft Edge - MSPoweruser
Read that there was some issue with Easylist filter, so I replaced it with Adguard's English filter(For that I added the filter from here: FilterLists)

D

Deleted member 178

Chrome to Edge, rare move :) what made you shifted? and what Tampermonkey does?

Azure

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Chrome to Edge, rare move :) what made you shifted? and what Tampermonkey does?
One of the reasons is I'm using Emsisoft which isn't compatible with Chrome's Appcontainer flag. You posted a bug report about it on Emsisoft forum, remember?

Also I noticed Edge is getting faster and it doesn't seem to crash now (before it did a few times). And over time, I started to like Edge more and more.
I'm still going to use Chrome, just simply it won't be, for now, my default browser.

I learned about installing userscripts while using Adguard.
Userscripts | Adguard Knowledgebase
I really liked the YouTube black theme I tried, so I decided to look for an extension after Adguard expired. There were a few extensions available for Chrome. And happily, I found at least one available for Edge, which was Tampermonkey.

Here's an example of an userscript for YouTube
Youtube Umbra - Themes and Skins for Youtube - userstyles.org
Youtube Umbra - A complete dark theme for Youtube
(Yep. I linked this one cause of the name)

So, yeah for me it's purely cosmetic.

D

Deleted member 178

One of the reasons is I'm using Emsisoft which isn't compatible with Chrome's Appcontainer flag. You posted a bug report about it on Emsisoft forum, remember?
Oh yes, now that you mention it; you have a terrific memory , i wish mine was same as yours; i guess i starting getting old :p

Also I noticed Edge is getting faster and it doesn't seem to crash now (before it did a few times). And over time, I started to like Edge more and more.
I'm still going to use Chrome, just simply it won't be, for now, my default browser.
yes it is quite good for people that just like simplicity in a browser.

Youtube Umbra - A complete dark theme for Youtube
(Yep. I linked this one cause of the name)
I should patent my name lol

Reactions: Xsjx

Azure

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Removed: HitmanPro.Alert and HitmanPro

Changed: DuckDuckGo (Edge search engine)

Important: Upgraded to Creators Update via Windows Update Assistant.

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
Removed: HitmanPro.Alert and HitmanPro

Changed: DuckDuckGo (Edge search engine)

Important: Upgraded to Creators Update via Windows Update Assistant.
I'm just curious why do you removed HMP and HMP.A? :eek:

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Looks good. Seems like there are too many extensions for my taste.. Just my opinion though you're secure. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.