Status
Not open for further replies.

Giannis

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 27, 2014
Hello all,

After a long break, I searched to see what's up with this forum and I'm glad to see that it's growing rapidly. I'm Giannis or Johnny from Greece, currently studying BSc Computer Science in England. Nice to meet you all, old and new friends! :)

PS: Currently, I ran out of my Emsisoft subscription and planning to renew in around 3 months. If anyone has a spare key, please let me know on pm.

Janl1992l

Level 14
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
Hello and welcome back. Glad old members are still around or coming back :) Im not that old but what i can say. Peoples here are just so friendly and helpful that there is no way i would ever leave in the near future :D Im glad too that MalwareTips is growing and has just a nice community.

Janl1992l

Level 14
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
Thank you all for your nice responses. I remember there was a guy developing his own antivirus (i think it was called Freevir). Is he still developing it?
I dont think so. But @Kardo Kristal devloped his own Av, Crystal Security. U can have a look at it. its actualy pretty good :) Xvirus personal guard is another Av that someone here made, but i dont know the name at the moment, sorry.

W

Wave

Welcome back! :)

@Giannis I think you were referring to Virfree, it was me who was developing it... The project was abandoned in 2015 simply because it wasn't good enough and I wanted to spend time learning more instead. I took a break from actual project development for the majority of 2016.

Now I am back I am working on a BB/HIPS project (standalone) since an entire AV project is too time consuming for one individual developer, especially if you want it to be successful... Plus I am more interested in dynamic analysis anyway, and virus signatures are becoming more and more obsolete as it is.

I made a lot of mistakes when developing that old AV project back in 2014/2015 anyway and I learnt a lot from those mistakes which allowed me to gain more experience... So it wasn't really a complete waste of time.

I remember I said earlier that I remembered you from somewhere.. probably from that old Virfree thread haha :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.