Which is your Backup Solution?

• Total voters

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I mostly use AOMEI Backupper, but occasionally I use EaseUS Todo Backup.

I recently purchased a used laptop to replace my main laptop. I put the SSD from my old laptop in the new one. Instead of Windows recognising a change in hardware and installing the need new drivers when I booted with the SSD in the new computer, I would get a BSOD. After many hours of trying to fix the issue (I was not prepared to do a clean install of Windows), I was able to get my new computer to boot, by doing a backup with AOMEI Backuper, and then doing a restore to dissimilar hardware. I had previously tried a number of other options, such as doing a restore to dissimilar hardware with Todo Backup and running SysPrep. But I was still getting BSODs, until I used Backupper.

I have a license for O&O Backup, but currently don't use it.

johnyjohn

Level 2
Verified
Aug 18, 2015
hi i know a lot of you will say im mad but i do not backup at all, the reason is i have 1tb hard drive and it is 98% free all i have is google chrome ccleaner. avast premier. kerish doctor. zemana antilogger. hitmanpro alert. revo uninstaller pro. ublock origin.facebook. twitter. so if any thing goes wrong its easier to do a complete windows 10 install.

Daljeet

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jun 14, 2017
I have paragon hard disk manager and backup & recovery pro. Hard disk manager have feature backup and restore but i never try. Backup & recovery is very reliable & simple but their customer care is terrible and takes 3-4 days to respond. Two paragon softwares ( hdm and br) never run at a same time they are using same engine.

Dave Russo

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Arconis true image, works great,got it on this site for a really nice price,anyone know if the active protection,is really necessary if you use windows 10,seeing the claim is "10" is ransomeware proof?or is it a resource waste so to speak ,Thanks gl all

Solarlynx

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 30, 2012
Macrium free, Paragon lic and AOMEI free. I don't like GUI of Paragon - ugly. Macrium and Paragon have option to fix windows boot problems. AOMEI has incremental and differential backups. Macrium can add recovery boot menu option. Paragon customer service is rather helpful, they usually answer in 1-2 business days. I think in the long run I'll use Macrium free only.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.