App Review Baidu Antivirus 2013 Beta - Complete Test (ptuptechnologies)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

MDTechVideos

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012
DrBeenGolfing said:
Lost track of how many BSOD there were, and only 3.27% detection with a right click scan?

That's one of the main reasons I am pushing off testing this av until the final release. A little too buggy even for a beta for me. :D

Also when I downloaded Baidu to just get a look at it, I noticed the Avira real-time protection engine was disabled from the factory. Not sure if that has changed with the more recent beta releases, but with Avira enabled that is sure to increase there detection rate. It seems on there website their big focus is speed and little system impact, so maybe they are trying to satisfy those big claims by decreasing the overall protection Baidu offers its users?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
One main thing problem is their own engine and cloud isn't much enough thus they borrowed legal license to Avira however in some reasons why its unticked by default? There must be a brief description about that.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.