App Review Baidu Antivirus Prevention Test (safe1st)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Baidu AV does have ransomware protection, sadly, it didn't detect this one, neither any other AV's in Virustotal, except McAfee and Qihoo, this test clearly shows that second layer protection is a must, i can't think of anything better than sandbox. I hope they will improve in future. Thanks for review!

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
This is a test Baidu and Windows Defender.
You can see in Process Explorer that MsMpEng.exe process wich belong to WD.
You should disable real-time protection of Windows Defender because Baidu didn't turn it off.

Clipboard01.png

Reactions: Der.Reisende

safe1st

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 29, 2016
This is a test Baidu and Windows Defender.
You can see in Process Explorer that MsMpEng.exe process wich belong to WD.
You should disable real-time protection of Windows Defender because Baidu didn't turn it off.

View attachment 86900

I dont know why its still there. I disable WD from settings and also from gpedit.msc :)
so its 100% disabled.

Did you see WD detected in this test? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.