Status
Not open for further replies.

Dubseven

Level 14
Verified
Aug 12, 2013
Every anti-virus collect informations..
Like all games, like Facebook, everything is connected :p :watch_dogs:

The most important part on policys are "etc.." and "other informations", like "Other information required to improve Baidu Antivirus technology and services."

They collect some informations that they didn't want to tell to the user :)
All anti-virus does that. They will not capture your webcam or steal your accounts so it's not "really" important to be paranoïac for nothing ^^

After all, it's my opinion.

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
What I think about it : TL;dr

Also chrome refuses to connect to the website.

FreddyFreeloader

Level 32
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 23, 2013
They are based in Hong Kong, so I'm better with that than if their office was next door to the People's Liberation Army HQ. :D
Also, this thing leaves behind several drivers upon uninstall.

"Users can choose not to provide user information to Baidu, or cancel Baidu's collection of some types of information by configuring the product settings. In addition, the Users can access, modify or cancel their personal data, and object to its use by sending an e-mail to the following address [please include e-mail address]. However, Baidu disclaim any responsibility for any malfunction of any service features due to lack of user information."

Last edited:

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
What I think about it : TL;dr

Also chrome refuses to connect to the website.
It must be an extension or security product blocking Chome's connection because I can connect to Baidu's websites with my Chrome.

All Chinese-based software will have shady privacy policies since the laws over there are different than the rest of the world.

Baidu is no worst than other Chinese security companies like Qihi, Rising, Tencent, etc.
They are have privacy issues and slam each other to reach the top in China.

I personally choose to avoid all Chinese security products.

Enjoy!! :D

FreddyFreeloader

Level 32
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 23, 2013
Littlebits... I may be very wrong but, doesn't Google also collect privacy information?
Bingo! But, unlike software from other countries (like China) you can sue Google in a US court, if the need arises.

Reactions: marg

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.