Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 19, 2013
Baidu Antivirus
Download
Version: 4.0.3.56061 Size: 1.15M
Offline installer- http://dl-vip.bav.baidu.com/BavProFull_Setup.exe
Platform: windows 8/7/Vista/XP(32-bit & 64bit)

Features
Permanently Free
Free Download, Update and Service
Seamless, Automatic Updates
Ultrafast response to latest virus
Multiple Antivirus Engine
Intelligently auto choose different engines
Precisely detects and removes 99% threats
Real-Time System Defense
Real-time protection from threats
Proactive Defense
Quick response from cloud to block virus
Local Support
Support English , Thai, Portuguese Independent
local virus database detects local virus precisely

http://antivirus.baidu.com/en/features.php#LocalSupport

Malware1

Level 76
Sep 28, 2011
Do you think about their own engine?

I upload a lot of malware samples to VirusTotal. If Baidu doesn't detect it, after few hours the detection name is being copied from another vendor (Kaspersky, ESET or Microsoft) by the automated systems. I don't like this antivirus software, they should improve their engine and stop copying the detection names.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Do you think about their own engine?

I upload a lot of malware samples to VirusTotal. If Baidu doesn't detect it, after few hours the detection name is being copied from another vendor (Kaspersky, ESET or Microsoft) by the automated systems. I don't like this antivirus software, they should improve their engine and stop copying the detection names.

Baidu's cloud features are not available on VirusTotal, it only uses their in house signature detection.
VirusTotal only does on-demand scans which doesn't show you how good the products real-time blocking features are.

The only way you can test cloud-base AV's to to run the malware samples live on a testing system and see if its real-time features block them. On-demand scans are not accurate.

Thanks. :D

Reactions: tapoo

tapoo

Level 4
Verified
Jan 21, 2012
i upgraded to latest version, i was running Baidu with K7, after upgrading, i faced frequent restart problem, like restarting after every 5 minutes, after 4 times of restart i understood whats happening. I tried to uninstall it from their uninstaller, but their uninstaller was not working. After trying some time, i "Force Uninstall" it by IObit Uninstaller. My virtual PC is working fine. I think their new upgrade is doing some problem with K7...
Another thing, i generally keep Baidu realtime protection off, but after the upgrade, i noticed that Baidu's realtime protection is on automatically, even after i keep it off manually, it got on after 2-3 minutes ....

Last edited:

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
Mine got a similar problem, its real-time protection was always on after booting, no matter if you set it to off. Not to mention over a week without Avira updates.

Reactions: tapoo

kevin

Level 1
Dec 16, 2013
I have no problems with baidu antivirus. When I first installed it though I did notice that it was only updating once weekly. I contacted Baidu and it has updated daily now.

According to my testing, Baidu has performed very well. good detection and removal rates and it is light as a feather on system resources. Also it does not slow your internet speed or increase ping like 90 percent of other malware software does.

summery: maybe not the best antimalware software but a good choice if you need a light weight antivirus with good detection rates. In my opinion Baidu is the best free antivirus software available.

sid_16

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 19, 2013
Baidu Antivirus 2014 v4.0.3.57478

1_baidu_antivirus.jpg

Baidu Antivirus is a ultra light weight, easy to use, extremely fast anti-virus program that protects your system from malware, viruses, spyware, adware and other malicious programs.

The program combines the Baidu Antivirus Engine and Baidu Cloud Security Engine with the Avira Antivirus engine to provide you with complete protection against all online threats.

Baidu Antivirus offers an easy to use interface with several advanced configuration options as well as quarantine of infected files. It also has an extremely small memory footprint, so you can actually do other things while it is running on your computer. Other features include automatic updates, Host Intrusion Prevention System (HIPS), scan reports and more.

Download 17.9 MB (Free): Baidu Antivirus 2014 v4.0.3.57478
More info.@- Baidu Antivirus Website

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.