Battle: Kaspersky IS 2016 vs ESET Smart Security 2016 vs Bitdefender IS 2016 vs Emsisoft IS 10

Maxxx58

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Dec 20, 2014
Now! ESET has just released their newest security suite: ESET Smart Security 9 (2016 Edition). These products are on the top of security suites which are produced by giants on security companies. Most of them released 2016 editions of their products. I want to compare on their newest products with new features (such as on ESET: Banking Protection, Bitdefender: Ransomware Protection and new Firewall, etc...) and some enhanced features.

And now, which is your choose for your security? Please let me know your opinion!

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
its hard choice choose between Eset,Kaspersky and Emsisoft.
in fact i never test Eset 2016, but i tested kaspersky and Emsisoft, Kaspersky 2016 really go lighter than Emsisoft(now i am Emsisoft useres)
by your budget and your interest u can choose Emsisoft or kaspersky.

R

Rod McCarthy

I would have said Kaspersky BUT 2015 ran perfect for me, on my PC... But Kapersky 2016 made EVERYTHING slow way down, PC and internet.

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
Emsisoft is my first choice here (privacy, choice over detection, performance, reliability, etc). ESET my second. The other two I won't use for many specific reasons. Trust being one of the reasons and not responding to my support tickets yet another one. Mostly for false positive or suspicious files.

jerzy601

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 20, 2011
for me it is a difficult choice between ESET and Emisoft, I've used both and both I was glad I did not have any problems with them did their jobs very well.
Kaspersky for my equipment is too heavy a drag me browsing, and even the same laptop I worked hard, so I had to give it up.
despite all my vote is for Eset.

Reactions: Maxxx58

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
If the OS is Windows 10, then including Kaspersky in this battle is unfair since Kaspersky still have limitations (big limitations) in that OS.
I voted Emsisoft because it's the one I use currently.
But I also like ESET. I'm even thinking on switching temporarily to ESET to test its new version. :D

Reactions: Rebsat

Maxxx58

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Dec 20, 2014
If the OS is Windows 10, then including Kaspersky in this battle is unfair since Kaspersky still have limitations (big limitations) in that OS.
I voted Emsisoft because it's the one I use currently.
But I also like ESET. I'm even thinking on switching temporarily to ESET to test its new version. :D
I hear about some bugs of new version of ESET on Windows 10 (So dissapointed)

Reactions: XhenEd

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Pretty hard to choice from now, if we are going to compare them without limitations and issues then the rank may go between Kaspersky, Emsisoft as Top 2 and the bottom 2 will be ESET and Bitdefender.

However that base on supported components to enhance the protection capabilities, still that should depends how percentage detection rate manage to improve against on going test.

Firewall capabilities and few other stuffs: Emsisoft and Kaspersky has an X factor for that.

Reactions: XhenEd and Maxxx58

ifacedown

Level 18
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
For privacy, I choose Emsisoft - very respectful of your privacy.
For protection, Kaspersky, Emsi, and ESET are all quite good. Same goes with Bitdefender. But I will never choose Bitdefender because of its bugs and wifi problems.

Because I have a low-end netbook, I will choose ESET - light on my slow system.

Maxxx58

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Dec 20, 2014
Seems hard to choose till now :D
WHND5JQ.png

Reactions: XhenEd and Malakke

FleischmannTV

Level 7
Verified
Honorary Member
Well-known
Jun 12, 2014
Kaspersky is the only one of the above mentioned that I would install alone right now, without feeling the need for additional protection.

Reactions: XhenEd

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
I think Eset because they are quick at adding threats to their database and it is way more lighter on system resources than Kaspersky.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.