Advice Request BD Free installation's issues

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
Hello guys.

Yesterday evening I wanted to install Bitdefender free on the other computer I use for testing.
I've downloaded the installer which downloaded about 250 MB of files.
When the login window is open I filled in my working login data and, after I've confirmed that, the window is closed.
Since then, no signs of life, no installation processes or other stuff, even waiting for several minutes.

My PC

Windows 10 Home latest updates, 4 GB RAM, Intel dual core processor.
No other antivirus installed.

Has someone experienced a similar situation?

Thanks
WS

In2an3_PpG

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 15, 2016
I have had a similar issue trying to install their total security.

Downloaded the installer from Bitdefender central, start it up and nothing.

So i just went into the program files, found Bitdefenders main install executable and started it up. Worked then.

But kind of a pain if you have to do this every time.

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
I have had a similar issue trying to install their total security.

Downloaded the installer from Bitdefender central, start it up and nothing.

So i just went into the program files, found Bitdefenders main install executable and started it up. Worked then.

But kind of a pain if you have to do this every time.
Thanks, today I try to look for the main installer and running it, I've not thought of that ;)

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
No problem. Hope it will help. :)
Problem solved :)
Running the main installer from the folder, unfortunately no luck.
Then I log in on the Bitdefender Central page and I've downloaded the Bitdefender Agent executable file.
By starting it I got again the installation files and...finally the product works.
So downloading the downloader from the site and inserting, thereafter, your log in data, it does not work, and you can beat your head against a wall without success...always some bugs BD..o_O
Thanks again for your help :)

In2an3_PpG

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 15, 2016
Problem solved :)
Running the main installer from the folder, unfortunately no luck.
Then I log in on the Bitdefender Central page and I've downloaded the Bitdefender Agent executable file.
By starting it I got again the installation files and...finally the product works.
So downloading the downloader from the site and inserting, thereafter, your log in data, it does not work, and you can beat your head against a wall without success...always some bugs BD..o_O
Thanks again for your help :)

Should not be this difficult to install ever lol. :)

Just work out of the gate please Bitdefender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.