Not open for further replies.

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
BearShare is a peer-to-peer program, which connects to a file sharing network, and allows you to search, download, or share almost any type of files – audio, video, images, documents, and more. Bearshare takes the world's most powerful file sharing software a step further, providing faster downloads than any other software, including Limewire. The new BearShare is now better than ever:
  • World's fastest downloads
  • Over 15 million FREE songs & videos
  • Manage even the largest music library
  • Burn CD's, and sync your MP3 player
  • Enhanced Privacy features
  • Built-in community & IM

What's New in BearShare?

New Library
Slick visuals and a simple layout make browsing your music and videos easier than ever before!
Your library has never been this organized.

iPods and MP3 Players
Connecting an iPod / MP3 player is as easy as plugging it in.
You can transfer songs to and from your iPod manually, or have BearShare automatically sync
your library with your device each time you connect it.

Color Schemes
Get your BearShare looking just the way you want it to with these
slick new color schemes.
From Sky Blue to Hot Pink, there's something for every desktop.

BearShare DJ
Enter the name of a song, artist, or mood, and BearShare will
automatically create a playlist full of music you'll love.

Meet New People
Share and listen to music together,
upload photos, and much more.

HD Videos
BearShare handles HD videos with ease in its new video modes.
Play HD videos inside BearShare, pop them out to float mode,
or go full screen.

Change Log - Link.
  • Change log not available for this version

bearshare-screenshot-01.png

Download.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
McLovin you use BearShare, what's it like? :cool:

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Earth said:
McLovin you use BearShare, what's it like? :cool:

I've never used it :huh: but it does look like a good program.

S

starchild76

wot flagged the site www.bearshare.com as red , so its better to stay away from this!!!

Z

ZeroDay

Bearshare is a quick way to get infected, I've cleaned loads of machines because of bearshare, It's adware/malware riddled. Bad news steer well clear.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I thought you used this since you posted it. :s

Tbh, I wouldn't use it, and there are better free/paid non-shady alternatives (imo).

McLovin said:
I've never used it :huh: but it does look like a good program.

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Earth said:
I thought you used this since you posted it. :s

Tbh, I wouldn't use it, and there are better free/paid non-shady alternatives (imo).

Posted it because I've updated everyone with this version :p Been doing this for other programs as well.

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
Bearshare is not a bad piece of software i have used it for years in past and loved its simplicity it works same as torrent clients people only criticize it since they don't know how to use it or have never used it and bershare never downloads anything unless you tell it to download a particular thing and if you manage to download a virus then its your fault since you blindly told it to download
people get infected while surfing the internet or they download stuff they don't know about as well but you dont blame the web browser for it do you
some people share everything in bearshare and if you blindly download each and everything without precautions then you are surely going to get infected its just a file sharing and downloading tool integrated with messenger and stuff so whats the big deal
If you don't like it don't use it but don't give bad regards if you have not used it
Mclovin its not your mistake some people just don't care to like some software and they blame others for posting about something which they have never used or don't know how it works
Thanks

Reactions: Oxygen

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
BearShare used to be a Gnutella network client to download free music and other files like Limewire but it was bought by the RIAA along with iMesh.

Both BearShare and iMesh are a paid only music service ran by the RIAA. All of the files are DRM encoded which means you can not transfer the files to another device and play them.

There are much better options if you want to legally buy music like Amazon.

Thanks.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.