Advice Request Behavior blocker to go with comodo firewall

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

which would you choose?

• Kaspersky

• Bitdefender

• OSArmor

• emsisoft

• avast

• other(specify)

• Qihoo 360

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bobsmith

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 18, 2018
Granite Appguard?...what's that? :unsure:
BTW back to topic...additional BB to CFW?...actually it would be useless but if you want so whay not?...ThreatFire or Dynamic Security Agent?...two standalone BB that still can be installed and useful.
My question - Kaspersky, Bitdefender, Avast, Qihoo, Emsi...do they have some standalone BB?
emsi i think use to have a standalone one till it combined with it's anti malware/internet security .. think it use to be called online armor.. the other i think there bb comes in the suites.. i have done a lil research...

T

TrinitronMSDOS

Here's what i would chose based on the product you mentioned. As there are some AVs that offered both free and paid versions, I've made it into 2 categories.

Free AV:
  • Bitdefender Free: light, efficient, few to no nag screens
  • Kaspersky Free: simple, good protection, few to no nag screens
  • Avast Free: best user experience at the cost of disturbing nag screens
  • Qihoo 360: very good protection but less trustworthy company in my opinion

Paid AV:
  • Emsisoft Anti-Malware: very light, excellent protection, very good BB and lot of settings to play with. Support is stellar.
  • Bitdefender Total Security: one of the best protection you can find, excellent price if you have several devices, but lacks some settings and options and can be buggy on some systems. Support is not very good.
  • Kaspersky Total Security: very good protection and probably the one that offers the most settings and extras. Support is good.
  • Avast Premier: not worth it in my opinion, as it offers little compared to the free version. Otherwise it's a decent choice if you're familiar with their products and want to get rid of the nag screens. Support is slow but okay.

As there's an "other" choice on the pool, Eset is also an excellent choice and is one of the lightest AV out there. G-Data, Bullguard and Trend Micro are also worth mentioning. I haven't mentioned OSArmor as it's more of a complementary product in my opinion and i'm not familiar with it.

Appguard can be ordered here:
AppGuard Store
If you ask them for a discount, traditionally they give 50% off. I don't know if that policy still applies. But it doesn't cost you anything to ask.
There is a 30 day refund policy, but no free trial. You pay up front, and get your money back if you are not satisfied.

It's like Santa Claus, if you don't ask for it, you won't get it.

ichito

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 12, 2013
@Umbra
Yes, I know...it's a pitty that Mamutu was abandoned ca 4 years ago...I liked it but OA was my absolute favorite
@Lockdown
Thanks for info...I saw already fake ThreatFire and Sahdow Defender so I thought it could be a fake app also.

JoseyWales

Level 1
Verified
Jul 23, 2018
which would you choose, based on level of protection & performance?
Comodo Premium ver 11 seems to cover all of my bases at present. If not for Comodo, I'd fall back to my old standbys using paid versions of ZoneAlarm and Malwarebytes.
These companies need our support and they will give you a stronger product not found in free releases.

Reactions: Nestor
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.