App Review Behavior-Test (BitDefender, Emsisoft, ESET, Kaspersky)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

FrankS

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 22, 2015
Thank you very much for sharing these tests bro. So based on these I wonder to know which one is giving best protection? KIS or EIS and Are you still prefer EIS over KIS? if Yes then Why?
With all modules activated, all products will give you a solid protection. Emsisoft wins on threat detection because of its dual-engine and very nice signature database (bitdefender + emsisoft/a2squared) and Kaspersky wins at behavior testing. It's a matter of taste which anti-virus is "the best". I like Emsisoft because it's much faster by a better detection ratio at scanning the system and network drives. If you prefer the all-in-one solution which protects you from malware files, malicious/phishing web content, spam-mails and malicious content on social media sites you'll be well served with ESET, Kaspersky or BitDefender.
But for me, Emsisoft is perfect, because I'm also using the webfilter of Trend Micro, Heimdal and uBlock Origin filters. So I just need a good protection ratio with integrated behavior analysis based on a fast-scanning engine.

kaspersky best thant emsisoft
Based on the behavioral analysis Kaspersky did the best job here - yes. But a modern anti-virus/internet security solution does not use only an anti-malware engine or only an anti-exploit/behavior module. So the behavior-test was not really a real protection test. For testing the protection ratio of an anti-malware/internet security you need to activate all components.

Sincerely
FrankS

koko

Level 5
Verified
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 28, 2013
Nice testing!

I use Kasperksy on my desktop pc with custom settings, and Emsisoft IS on my school laptop. I follow indepented test's for both products. I must say, I love both. Kasperksy for their customisation and Emsisoft for their behavioural scanner. For emsisoft you need to be a bit a advanced user though.

F

ForgottenSeer 55474

Hey and thank you for the videos,but bitdefender should have scored higher,it is the best AV in the world,followed close by Kaspersky;)

Reactions: DardiM

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.