Best Adobe PDF File Alternative for with working Adobe PDF File

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sana

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Dec 30, 2015
I use NitroPDF. Most of the files that have errors on a few pages in a book, NitroPDF doesn't have any problems with them. :p

Totally forgot about Fox-it (thanks for reminding me @Kate_L )

Reactions: maximus and Kate_L

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
If I wasn't going to use Adobe, I'd use Sumatra PDF. Works well for viewing PDF documents.

Rishi

Level 19
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 3, 2015
Just curious, is it not recommended to use Adobe reader?

Many thanks. :D
People can use Adobe reader (updated of course) nothing against the software but with any popular product, Adobe PDF reader has been targetted more than a few times by hackers exploiting any vulnerabilities they could find/security researchers reporting potential bugs.Best way to be safe is to keep the product updated, use an anti-exploit for pdf readers or simply use another alternative which will mitigate any specific product based exploit attacks.Totally upto the user.

Reactions: maximus and Vasudev

generalwu

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2016
Ooh I see, that I understand.

Wouldn't the support for using the official product be better than third party software?

Wouldn't that be a pull factor to use Adobe Reader?

Just curious, thanks. :confused:

Reactions: maximus and Rishi

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
Ooh I see, that I understand.

Wouldn't the support for using the official product be better than third party software?

Wouldn't that be a pull factor to use Adobe Reader?

Just curious, thanks. :confused:
There are many people who aren't aware of other software for PDF, for them, Adobe reader is the de-facto standard for reading and writing PDFs. It all depends on user preference though. If you use Adobe, make sure you've the bleeding edge version of the same to avoid vulnerabilities.

Reactions: maximus and Rishi

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
I use Sumatrapdf if I just need to read pdf files on my harddrive. Or if it is on the internet, the browser-bluit in pdf reader. When I need more options, foxit is my choice.

mal1

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Oct 1, 2015
I use Sumatra, not a feature-rich viewer. Has anyone tried MuPDF on Windows? I use it on my android tablet and it's lighter and faster than Foxit (mobile).

generalwu

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2016
I see then I shall uninstall Adobe Reader then.

Better keep your attack vector as little as possible.

Many thanks.

Reactions: maximus

uninfected1

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
For security reasons I uninstalled pretty much everything Adobe some time ago. I tried Foxit for a while but now I just use Chrome's built in PDF viewer. Perfectly good enough for me.

N

Noxx

I'm also trying to phase out Adobe products and I'm currently using Nitro PDF reader. The only reason I don't use Sumatra is because I like to highlight PDF books I read. If you don't care for highlighting and other features, Sumatra is the BEST hands down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.