Best alternative to Emsisoft Anti-Malware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rajat

Level 2
Verified
Oct 20, 2015
Kaspersky & eset can give you excellent zero day protection but they need some tweaking. You can create custom HIPS rules in eset & can configure the Restriction based system in Kaspersky. Go on with them if you are an advanced user, otherwise G-Data, F-Secure or Bitdefender are other easy options as well.

Last edited:

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
In some tests I've noticed that Bitdefender beats EAM. So, I suppose that Bitdefender is better than EAM. Am I right?
Hi @minegroasprilla. Although test results can certainly form a seemingly logical basis for an equally logical conclusion,o_O *sigh*:rolleyes: determining precisely how well one software product will actually perform over the other on your own unique system is best revealed through your trying them out yourself. Good advice places us in the same ball park for discovery, but numerous variables decide how everything will actually work ..or not.:oops: You shall find free trial periods (most offer 2 weeks to one month to 'test' drive them & see) are the most eye opening methods in finding out for yourself the most accurately satisfying test result of them all.
Answer to the question, "Which will perform best for you?;) :):)

Edit: As an example (2) very reputable names, Emsisoft & Kaspersky which are considered by many here to be excellent choices respectively, did not pass my wife's stringent & demanding requirements. Meaning:
  • She does not wish to be bothered by delays. :p
ESET NOD 32, later upgraded to ESET Smart Security, have each been her favorites for their lightness as well as their set & forget characteristics.;) This was on her Windows 7 SP 1 manufactured by Vaio. On the other hand, our 8.1 (Acer) system has worked well with both Avast! as well as Norton.

Go figure.
Yes.
Literally.
Go + Figure = your Happier Father! :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.