Advice Request Best alternative to utorrent/bittorrent?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Which torrent client is a better alternative?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hangtooth

Level 5
Verified
Dec 5, 2015
qBitorrent here too. Used uTorrent for years but finally gave up on it and tried more recent clients. Also tried Deluge and Tixati. qBitorrent just works better for me. Clean no-nonsense interface like uTorrent used to be etc. Stable and open source so no hidden surprises.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I'm not a torrent user, but in the case of practicality and reliable of program then Qbittorent is a good choice or any alternative which considered an open source which mentioned here.

Browsers like Torch that contains torrent downloader function can be worth to have it.

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
Use Vuze with a vpn and work that in the settings so when downloading the vpn when not available ,vuze will not download anything.The only torrent program that I know of that will do this.

Pm me if you have any trouble with vuze and the vpn I'll try to help out .

Last edited by a moderator:

bunchuu

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Mar 17, 2015
Similar poll thread that I created an year back.

My choice is still the same, it's Tixati and is included in my list of Best Free Software's for New PC . Another good alternative is qBitTorrent but it has lesser features and I wished it had an advanced scheduling feature like Tixati.
I used to be tixati users but recently use qbittorent (its about taste, i like qbittorent gui than tixati)
I use an open source torrent client called Halite. Halite BitTorrent Client · Binary Notions

Actively developed by a guy in Ireland named Eóin O’Callaghan. This client in my opinion is very unrated and needs more attention. Only downside is it's only for Windows but has 32 and 64bit versions which you can download here: Release Version 4.0.4 · Eoinocal/Halite · GitHub

Been using for around a year. Very stable and fast. Huge customization options. I like others to but this is my personal favorite and I'd assume you are wanting a Windows torrent client at this very moment.
I will try it.

shukla44

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 14, 2016
Thanks a lot guys for your help & advice.

I will try all of them one by one & see which one will fit nicely in uTorrent's shoe.
For now I am trying qbittorent. (I am really liking it)

Rishi

Level 19
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 3, 2015
I rarely use torrents, however I have an older version of utorrent with an accelerator patch which works well, so I didn't look beyond that.It does the job.

Reactions: bitbizket

uninfected1

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
Similar poll thread that I created an year back.

My choice is still the same, it's Tixati and is included in my list of Best Free Software's for New PC . Another good alternative is qBitTorrent but it has lesser features and I wished it had an advanced scheduling feature like Tixati.
My view exactly. qBittorrent is good but Tixati beats it for the reasons you mention, plus since version 2.25 it can now bind to a VPN. The best just got better

PS - It's also Gizmo Freeware's top rated bittorrent client.

bitbizket

Level 3
Jul 26, 2011
I rarely use torrents, however I have an older version of utorrent with an accelerator patch which works well, so I didn't look beyond that.It does the job.
I know what you meant. It's has the fastest download that i ever tried on but it has it problem with uploads at my end.
I love the features of Tixati has no issues with multi-tasking but speed is not so good. It could be my settings though.
Qbittorent is fast but a bit buggy using it for a couple of years now back to the old patched utorrent version.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rishi

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Just a heads up, be careful where you get your clients from, especially if the client has a smaller scale development because their sites might not be as up to date security wise, eg the transmission incident where malware was bundled with the original client by hackers and put on the original site for download.

I use a modified version of uTorrent so that it does not display ads, I did this a very long time ago where there was a website you could just go to and click to allow for the disabling of ads on your uTorrent client, it is 100% legal, in fact if you have the technical know how you can do so by messing with the client itself. There are several guides if you google it but I am unable to verify because I already have a ad free uTorrent client but you are free to check it out!

Good luck.

bitbizket

Level 3
Jul 26, 2011
I use an open source torrent client called Halite. Halite BitTorrent Client · Binary Notions

Actively developed by a guy in Ireland named Eóin O’Callaghan. This client in my opinion is very unrated and needs more attention. Only downside is it's only for Windows but has 32 and 64bit versions which you can download here: Release Version 4.0.4 · Eoinocal/Halite · GitHub

Been using for around a year. Very stable and fast. Huge customization options. I like others to but this is my personal favorite and I'd assume you are wanting a Windows torrent client at this very moment.

Never heard of this one before. Sounds good to me.
Gonna try it.

Thanks bud.

Reactions: OokamiCreed
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.