Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Other (Please tell)

Votes: 17 25.4%

• Total voters

Claw

Level 1
Verified
Feb 11, 2013
Bitdefender Antivirus. I forget I even have it until I download something and it notifies me that the file was clean.

Reactions: Takemaster

ttto

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Sep 22, 2016
I tried Norton, but it hasn't got fullscan and its SafeSearch is powered by Ask? Are Norton kidding us?
I don't use safesearch function, I only give Norton the permission to access Firefox (my Android browser) to protect it, and I browse w it as usual.

Reactions: Takemaster

ispx

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2017
Reactions: L S

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
Me and the mrses are currently using the rebrand of f-secure mobile security provided by our isp on both phones ;)

Reactions: ispx

Marko :)

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
Keep in mind that Unknown sources option is disabled by default and average Android user won't turn it on. As I've already said, if you review permissions and user feedback before installation, you have nothing to worry about. Additionally, you can check author of the app just to be sure.
If the app doesn't ask for permissions not needed for its work, it's safe (because the app which doesn't require camera access, can't use camera at all). Since Android Lollipop, even if you installed the app with strange permission request, every time app wants to use camera, you would have to manually allow it. That's another safety measure. Also, never assign administrator status to an app that you don't trust (Android shows you warning which says that app can track everything) and you're safe. :cool:

I have Android smartphone for very long long time and I've never got any malware nor adware. And I've downloaded some APKs from the web. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: tim one and brod56

Zar_

Level 1
Verified
Dec 13, 2016
Voted others.
Using Google Play Protect only.
Me too.
Before I used Bitdefender free because of his lightness and good test results, I was happy with it. Now with Google Play Protect, I think it will be enough.

Reactions: roger_m

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I currently don't use any antivirus for Android, but I have where you can't install apps from unknown sources. I also read what reviews the app has before I go to install it.

spaceoctopus

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 13, 2014
In that category, Android antiviruses, well, Bitdefender is on top. Speedy, tons of anti-theft features and settings, light on memory, web protection supports a lot of browsers, intuitive design and easy to use, it's the top contender.

Reactions: tim one

tim one

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 31, 2014
Like Marko said, Google Play Protect should do a good job (rarely some infected apps are discovered on the Store).
However, I would like to say Sophos that also offers a reliable web protection for Chrome and Android default browser, avoiding most of the malicious pages.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.