Best android browser??

souhrid

Level 5
Thread author
Jun 29, 2012
Which is the best browser for android platform??uc browser was great in Symbian platform but disappointed in their android version,tried boat,Mozilla,chrome but not satisfied,which one would you recommend and why??

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I use Opera Mini, as the Android version I have can't be updated.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
bob974 said:
i use Opera too...the easiest to configure...

Might be easy to configure, but I would prefer to use either Chrome or Firefox, if I had the chance.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
MalwareCenter said:
I use Boat Browser because Opera Classic isn't working correctly on 2048x1536 screen.

What phone do you have?

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
MalwareCenter said:
It's not a phone :D Chinese tablet Vido N90FHD Quad.

Ahh, had to ask the question as the screen resolution was weird for a phone. :p

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
Since you can install chrome, I assume you are using ICS or higher. Do you have the default android browser or your OEM removed it? Because I keep coming back to the default browser after trying any other browser :D

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
WinAndLinuxTutorials said:
Because I keep coming back to the default browser after trying any other browser :D

Only reason why, I don't use the default browser is that it has no tabs. :-/

souhrid

Level 5
Thread author
Jun 29, 2012
Since you can install chrome, I assume you are using ICS or higher. Do you have the default android browser or your OEM removed it? Because I keep coming back to the default browser after trying any other browser :D

I found default browser as the most stable one but not too appealing so I try other options and always come back to default browser (usually after few crashes )

souhrid

Level 5
Thread author
Jun 29, 2012
McLovin said:
Because I keep coming back to the default browser after trying any other browser :D

Only reason why, I don't use the default browser is that it has no tabs. :-/

What no tabs??can't believe it,which android version you using???

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
souhrid said:

Well, I'm using a HTC Wildfire, so quite old. :p

souhrid

Level 5
Thread author
Jun 29, 2012
McLovin said:
souhrid said:

Are you sure that default browser has no tabs???man that's an important feature how come it's missing??which android version??older than gingerbread??
souhrid said:
McLovin said:
souhrid said:

Are you sure that default browser has no tabs???man that's an important feature how come it's missing??which android version??older than gingerbread??

Googled it uses android froyo( misspelled??)soory mate,don't know about it used only gingerbread and higher,perhaps you should try rooting

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Yes, I'm sure, ha. Can't take a screenshot either because the phone doesn't support that. If the default browser had tabs I would use it.

souhrid

Level 5
Thread author
Jun 29, 2012
If possile try rooting to some latest version of android,if I remember your planning to buy Samsung galaxy S3? Is that correct?

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
What? Tabbed browsing has been on the default browser since Android 2.3 GB! Private browsing has been since Android 4.0 ICS I guess. I don't think there is any difference between ICS and Jelly bean browser (maybe quick controls?). Anyway here is a screenshot of the default browser tabbed browsing on my JB 4.1:
ao89rs.png

@McLovin: Why don't you flash a custom ROM on your HTC :D

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
As you have discovered older devices cannot upgrade to new Android software releases.

souhrid, What Phone and Android version do you use? :D

I used to use Opera Mobile/Mini on Symbian device (2010-2013), yes it supported tabbed browsing. But now I've upgrade to another phone, I need not to worry what browser I use (still got tabbed browsing).

souhrid

Level 5
Thread author
Jun 29, 2012
Earth said:
As you have discovered older devices cannot upgrade to new Android software releases.

souhrid, What Phone and Android version do you use? :D

I used to use Opera Mobile/Mini on Symbian device (2010-2013), yes it supported tabbed browsing. But now I've upgrade to another phone, I need not to worry what browser I use (still got tabbed browsing).

I use Sony Xperia tipo a budget phone currently running on ICS

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.