Battle Best Android browser?

Andrew999

Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
What browser on Android do you all think is the fastest and uses the least battery, and possibly has the best privacy and security?

I have heard quite a lot of good things about Brave and Puffin. It would be really nice to have one that saves on battery, because when I use Chrome it uses my battery a lot.

I'm just interested to see what you guys use.

permar4

Level 1
Verified
Jul 23, 2017
I like firefox, but it's very heavy on my cell phone. It consumes more megas and battery than other browsers. But I like to be able to put extensions like the desktop.

I use mainly chrome, but it's disgusting when a page has invasive advertising with windows and notifications and have to be closing a thousand things.

Opera since it was bought by a Chinese company does not convince me how much privacy and I think that the browser is the pillar of everything mobile / computer and that it is important to choose a good browser. That not only has good features but also security and privacy.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
I think naked browser free/pro has the best privacy, one of the best speed and resource usage
it has customizable adblocker and you can add whatever adblock filters on filterlists.com you want but it doesn't support element hiding
It requires a bit of time to learn how to use

I lightest browser on Ram I have ever tried is Lightning browser but it is not good for me
naked browser is the second

My friend complained about chrome on his low-end tablet lags so much while watching a video on a newspaper. I installed naked browser for him and he admitted it was much faster

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
FF Quantum only because you

1) Can add extensions
2) Can add filters to extension like uBO
3) Can change preference settings for enhanced privacy/security/speed
4) As a main stream browser it's supported by some web filters of paid AVs
5) So far it's the only browser that can remove the annoying cookie pop up message on websites because of its ability to add extension and filters

Last edited:
Reactions: Nevi and Weebarra

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.