King Alpha

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
What's the best anti-executable among these four?

> NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro
> VoodooShield
> AppGuard
> Faronics Anti-Executable

Reactions: Logethica

alexp79

Level 2
Verified
Jul 16, 2013
hello

I give you my opinion; if you have a good firewall and antivirus program i don't see any interest adding those anti executable; if i am not wrong they are all paid programs; paying for paying i prefer an antivirus powerfull and complete
just my opinion; so my answer is non of these^^

Reactions: WinXPert

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
Man that's a tough one, I voted for NVTERP but I think appguard is solid and voodoo seems pretty solid also but the only way to know for sure is to test them against malware.
I've seen malware bypass faronics on youtube but i've never used it personally.

xpressive

Level 1
Verified
Jul 28, 2013
NoVirusThanks it's a better product than Faronics Anti-Executable

because some background apps with stealth mode in UPX will able to bypass Faronics.
btw, better Threatfire not just EXE it's block .BAT and others 'with custom rules :D

King Alpha

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
alexp79, I'm a paranoid user that's why I like to add anti-executable to my pc security. :)

Overkill, Yeah, I've also seen that in youtube bro, I never used it either. One thing I don't like about VoodooShiled is it disables UAC.

xpressive Wow. Is it still effective like the old days? Good to know that there still people using "the legendary" Threatfire.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
None of them, anti-executable stand-alone doesn't cover other ways you PC can get infected. How about malicious codes within safe executable files?

Take your pick all are free have anti-executable included.

Comodo Firewall with D+ or CIS, Online Armor Free, Malware Defender, Privatefirewall (with Process Monitor enabled) or Outpost Firewall Free.

Spyware Terminator v.2.8.2.192 also has an anti-executable but the newer versions removed it. Still can download the older version- http://www.filehippo.com/download_spyware_terminator/8821/

These products can protect your system from malicious codes and other methods use to infect systems.

I see no reason for buying a products that are only half complete when there are freeware products which are complete.

Thanks. :D

xpressive

Level 1
Verified
Jul 28, 2013
@King Mellow
Yes, Its still effective with level 5.
you may try this rules. and yes, you will protected be sure for all kind of zero-day threats :D
http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=253507

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
Littlebits said:
None of them, anti-executable stand-alone doesn't cover other ways you PC can get infected. How about malicious codes within safe executable files?

Comodo Firewall with D+ or CIS, Online Armor Free, Malware Defender, Privatefirewall (with Process Monitor enabled) or Outpost Firewall Free.

Spyware Terminator v.2.8.2.192 also has an anti-executable but the newer versions removed it. Still can download the older version- http://www.filehippo.com/download_spyware_terminator/8821/

These products can protect your system from malicious codes and other methods use to infect systems.

I see no reason for buying a products that are only half complete when there are freeware products which are complete.

Just curious, have you tried any of the AE's in the poll?

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Overkill said:
Littlebits said:

Just curious, have you tried any of the AE's in the poll?

Yes I have tried all of them and none compare to the freeware products that I mentioned.

MalwareVirus

Level 1
Oct 6, 2012
Comodo hips is enough & if you want you can get the free version of NVT but it is older vs 2.7.0.0

http://downloads.novirusthanks.org/files/exeradar_free_edition_setup.exe

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
King Mellow said:
Stand-alone Anti-Executables. :)

I have tried many over the years and the best ones are all discontinued.

Out of the ones that are current, I liked NoVirusThanks EXE Pro Radar better then VoodooShield, AppGuard or Faronics Anti-Executable. Since they don't try to add subscription charges to their product, it is buy once and registered for lifetime. But still I doubt these stand-alone AE's will be around very long, they never last since users prefer free products that can do more then just block executable files. I have seen many companies that just make AE stand-alones go out of business.

Out of all the ones that I tried, I prefer "Dynamic Security Agent".
The product was developed by Privacyware and was totally free. Very easy to use and light on resources and didn't go overboard with a bunch of unnecessary features.

1150224527-1.gif

It was discontinued in 2007 and removed from the downloads when Privacyware released a Privatefirewall as freeware, it used to be a paid product. All features from "Dynamic Security Agent" is now included in Privatefirewall.

All firewalls that include "process detection" have anti-executable protection, the term means the same.

Enjoy!! :D

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

jim lin

Level 8
Aug 6, 2012
hello

now were talkin i loved the Dynamic Security Agent by Privacyware but i thought thay sold it to Webroot for there
Webroot Desktop Firewall if you look at the pic's here it look's like Privatefirewall

http://www.google.com/search?q=Webroot+Desktop+Firewall&rls=com.microsoft:en-US:IE-Address&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=qIT5Ua6TFeeUiQLQpYGoDQ&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1920&bih=950

:)

James

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
jim lin said:
hello

now were talkin i loved the Dynamic Security Agent by Privacyware but i thought thay sold it to Webroot for there
Webroot Desktop Firewall if you look at the pic's here it look's like Privatefirewall

http://www.google.com/search?q=Webroot+Desktop+Firewall&rls=com.microsoft:en-US:IE-Address&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=qIT5Ua6TFeeUiQLQpYGoDQ&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1920&bih=950

:)

James

Privacyware licensed Privatefirewall to Webroot, but Webroot discontinued Webroot Desktop Firewall awhile back and it doesn't support modern Windows OS or updated browsers. As far as I know Webroot SecureAnywhere doesn't no longer uses Privatefirewall technology, they moved to a cloud-base firewall.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.