Best Antivirus for Android Phones

Brian James

Level 1
Feb 22, 2016
There are but you are unlikely to find one unless you usually download cracked or pirated apks.

Exactly. Contrary to 'popular' belief, there are plenty of reasons to safe guard these things that we use to store most if not all of our sensitive data on..
(and no, even the Play store isn't 100% immune from threats)

I personally suggest installing Malwarebytes on every device. Preferably premium. I cannot count the number of times it flagged something other "security" apps I also had installed at the time didn't. *looking at you Zemana, White Armour, and Sophos*

I'm also a big fan of Virus Total and/or similar sites.

Just tonight I was typing in the address bar in Firefox and Malwarebytes flagged the particular sting of words that began to resemble a shady URL. Yes, I said BEGAN. As in I had only typed half of the 2nd word when it warned me.

So yeah, don't believe everything you read in threads, articles, and comments about not needing to protect yourself while cruising the 'wild, wild web'. Just my 5 cents.
/rant

Last edited:

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
I use CM security lite.

Few tips for better security
1. Always disable installing from unknown sources.
2. Always install softwares from play store
3. Avoid visiting unknown websites and downloading any kind of APK file directly.

Reactions: Syafiq
F

ForgottenSeer 55474

I have got Bitdefender Mobile Security,I am very pleased with that,before I had DR. Web Security Space:)+Malwarebytes+AMC:cool:

Handsome Recluse

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
Apparently, Clean Master Lite (for older phones so takes up less space) has an antivirus. Might be useful for installing that one extra app. Don't know how good the antivirus is though.

Reactions: Sunshine-boy

Allena

Level 1
Feb 8, 2018
Below are some of the best antivirus for android:
1, Avast Mobile Security
Gives you handy extras like a firewall and remote wipe
  • Call blocking
  • Anti-theft feature
  • Ad supported

2, Bitdefender Antivirus Free
A lightweight app from a trusted brand
  • Minimal impact on your OS
  • Dead easy setup
  • You must schedule virus scans

3. AVL
A sterling and lightweight security solution
  • Great protection provided
  • Light on resources
  • Call blocking feature

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

My favorites are;

Dr. Web Security Space (no bloat, extremely light battery use, full featured - clean and easy, STRONG Firewall)
Bullguard Mobile (Full Featured, very little bloat, incredible anti-theft/device control)
Norton (Good all around)

Depending on my licensing, I swap between all three of these but tend to lean toward Dr. Web Security Space because it has no measurable important on performance or battery and that firewall is really good.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
For FREE version the only one that can offer

1) Real-time protection (not download and scan)
2) Web filtering
3) No ads

is Sophos Mobile Security(I think). Anyone knows of others that can meet the 3 conditions?

:D

Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 58943

I just tried F-Secure Safe due to the free offering deal posted here. (5 Devices, 1 year, Free) F-Secure hands down, wins the Android Antivirus war IMO.

1) Fast, lightweight.
2) Perfect interface.
3) No Bloat.
4) Incredibly accurate finder feature.
5) ROBUST parental controls (mind blowing)
6) Enforcement of Safe Web Browsing through their Chrome Clone.

I was impressed with Bullguard/Norton/Dr.Web, but now feel they can't hold a candle to F-Secure Safe. I wouldn't trust CM products, they've had spy issues in the past. Also Lookout is a CIA front company.

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
Realize Google Play Protect is young. Very young. As they gain more data from all Android phones, its detection rate will increase. I don't think an AV is necessary for Android. All malware can literally be uninstalled and it's truly gone. I would focus on using tools that warn you when apps are asking for suspicious permissions especially Accessibility.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.